MCT at Camp Pendleton
Create Post
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    MCT at Camp Pendleton

    I used the search bar but couldnt come up with anything on MCT. Unless my comp is messed up, but I was wondering if anyone has recently graduated from MCT in the last 5 years or so. If so, can you tell me how its like? What goes down here at Camp Pendleton, because from what I hear, Camp Pendleton MCT differs from Camp Geiger MCT.


  2. #2
    I can't speak from personal experience for Pendleton, but one of the bigger differences is the fact that you guys will supposedly get some sort of weekend libo there. We only had one day of libo over in Geiger.


  3. #3
    Squad Leader Free Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Crescent City
    Posts
    6,032
    Credits
    14,321
    Savings
    0
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    I can't speak from personal experience for Pendleton, but one of the bigger differences is the fact that you guys will supposedly get some sort of weekend libo there. We only had one day of libo over in Geiger.

    Hills, lots of big hills, and then some more big hills, then still more big hills...

    Islamifascists delenda est




  4. #4
    Yes you will get libo on weekends. And you will become very familiar with the hills (flak and sappies just make it more fun). Its more physically demanding than boot camp, but the environment is way better.

    < graduates on Tuesday.


  5. #5

  6. #6
    Thanks Marines. Pfc. Campbell, I see you graduated Alpha. Thats cool. I had to gear guard for Alpha plenty of times lol. Not that any of that matters lol. Just ready to move on to MCT. Well, ready for the Fleet more than anything lol.


  7. #7
    I was at ITB but from what I saw, MCT was just one last final haze-fest before the pogs went on to their cushy desk jobs. If they weren't getting PT'd to death, then they were on a forced march with every piece of 782 gear known to man. The ones I saw got 52 area libo in cammies and were not allowed to wear civies or use their cellphones/laptops until the weekend before they graduated.

    In other words, a 9 week Rifleman's course led by disgruntled former DIs with an unhealthy hatred for boots... all shoved into 4 weeks


  8. #8
    Marine Free Member Quinbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft. Bragg
    Posts
    4,751
    Credits
    11,170
    Savings
    0
    Images
    37
    There is not enough time in the training matrix for organized PT so they just run you everywhere you go. Run you to a range ... give you a class ... blow some stuff up. Run you to another range give you a class ... shoot some stuff. Run you to chow ... close the chow hall and give you an MRE. Stand firewatch. Do it all again the next day.


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by il duce View Post
    I was at ITB but from what I saw, MCT was just one last final haze-fest before the pogs went on to their cushy desk jobs. If they weren't getting PT'd to death, then they were on a forced march with every piece of 782 gear known to man. The ones I saw got 52 area libo in cammies and were not allowed to wear civies or use their cellphones/laptops until the weekend before they graduated.

    In other words, a 9 week Rifleman's course led by disgruntled former DIs with an unhealthy hatred for boots... all shoved into 4 weeks


    I miss it.

    I went thru Pendalton MCT more then a year ago but. . . . .

    None of my instructors were DIs. Had a 69, 51, a supply guy and a tracker.
    . We got full weekend libbo from fri 1600 till sun 1800.


    Im east coast now, and MCT here must suck. I liked the hills. It gave you something to take your mind off things. and cali dosent have a lot of bugs and ****.




    You completly right how much NOTHING us pogs do. I hate it. Ive got to do more then most in my shop,a big field op w STC(MSOS) and some other stuff, but still, I do a lot of nothing to the point of embarrasment.


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LandsNGrooves View Post

    You completly right how much NOTHING us pogs do. I hate it. Ive got to do more then most in my shop,a big field op w STC(MSOS) and some other stuff, but still, I do a lot of nothing to the point of embarrasment.
    Just ignore duce, he's obviously still a little boot who thinks every mos other than 03 just sits behind a desk lol. Cause grunts do all the work huh. They set up and maintain our nets for comm, they keep humvees rollin after they break down, They fix and fly helos, they do all that good **** and the pogs just sit behind a desk.


  11. #11
    Sh!t...I walked every where other than two flights on a 53 and our comm didn't work more than it did.
    That being said, you have to repect pogs. Without the wing my ass would probably be dead. Without motor t and supply, I wouldn't have food and water. Without pogs, we wouldn't have anyone to make fun of haha.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts