Replacing a Military ID - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dan, St Anthony has helped me out more than once, so if this young man says a prayer to him, I'm sure he'll find his wallet were he least expects to find it.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Dan, St Anthony has helped me out more than once, so if this young man says a prayer to him, I'm sure he'll find his wallet were he least expects to find it.
    Lisa

Amen, he and St. Jude. Patron Saint of Lost Causes. No more than lost cause than me many years ago. I pray every day!!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    Lisa

Amen, he and St. Jude. Patron Saint of Lost Causes. No more than lost cause than me many years ago. I pray every day!!

Dan
    Same here Dan!

yes i know i need to get my profile updated to marine, i havent been here since before i left for boot last year. When i lost mine i got a written counseling for it and that was it. I had to make a visit to my company gunny for a chewing and get something signed, had to file a report with PMO and get something signed, then just take it to the id card center and they gave me a nice new id. not a big deal really the counseling got shredded and i learned my lesson. good luck

Egodfrey, we tell wannabes and poolees about capitalizing Marines, so you should do the same.
    And get in-touch with thedrifter so she can update your status from poolee to Marine also.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Williams5710 View Post
    So just so I'm 100% clear, I can drive up to the gate in my Charlies with my orders and a photo ID (I'm planning on bringing my driver's license, GSU student ID, and birth certificate) and they will let me in. From there I am walking to the Admin office. After that I just tell them my situation and follow instructions, correct?

I would be going to Naval Air Station Atlanta.
    Post #11 you say you lost your Drivers License also.

So what is it, you found half your ****?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Egodfrey, we tell wannabes and poolees about capitalizing Marines, so you should do the same.
    And get in-touch with thedrifter so she can update your status from poolee to Marine also.
    ... but keep the same profile pix and have your GF hit me with a PM.

Awright...

For starters, contact and talk to a Marine SNCO/Officer at your closest Reserve Station. Give them a call and explain your situation.

I don't have current knowledge. I just suggested what I would have done BEFORE considering how much the Military has changed since 9-11.

Start there.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    Post #11 you say you lost your Drivers License also.

So what is it, you found half your ****?
    I went to the DMV this morning and got a new license, drove to NAS Atl in my Charlies with my orders, license, birth certificate and Georgia Southern U student ID. They replaced my ID right there with little to no hassle. It really seems like it was too easy so I'm expecting to get blasted for it at some point or other, I'm guessing when I report to Geiger. I guess other than that it's case closed, hopefully nothing too bad happens to me, big thanks for all the advice Marines,

Semper Fi.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Williams5710 View Post
    I went to the DMV this morning and got a new license, drove to NAS Atl in my Charlies with my orders, license, birth certificate and Georgia Southern U student ID. They replaced my ID right there with little to no hassle. It really seems like it was too easy so I'm expecting to get blasted for it at some point or other, I'm guessing when I report to Geiger. I guess other than that it's case closed, hopefully nothing too bad happens to me, big thanks for all the advice Marines,

Semper Fi.

Your Good to Go .
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

I'm glad you got it hassle free. I would not worry about getting yelled at, other than having a picture in your charlies, I'm sure they won't know. Don't ask, don't tell.

edit: just noticed you got taken care of on NAS Atlanta

You'll be good to go, don't worry about catching any flak over it. I had to get a ID at NAS Atlanta many years ago as well, but mine just expired lol

I'm just curious why you decided to go with Charlies instead of just wearing cammies, or hell, civvies. Buddy of mine has his Military ID photo in civvies.

I work at the ID center in Okinawa japan... You will need two forms of id's... One ID will HAVE to be a picture id... the other can be like a social security card or W2 form... You will also need an MOR (Minor Offense Report) from PMO and also a Lost ID statement from a Company Gunnery Sergeant or higher... This is what you need in Okinawa and should be what you need in the states in order to replace a lost id... and yes you are allowed to wear civi's... EDIT... just saw that you got your ID replaced... Just curious but did they make you get the MOR and Lost ID Statement? Im wondering because out here they make people get them and its really a hassle....

lol i got a page 11 for losing my chow card....lmfao...go figure...

Thread Information