Replacing a Military ID
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Replacing a Military ID

Good afternoon,

Yesterday I graduated boot camp and I'm already off to a bad start on my boot leave. Does anyone know the paperwork, procedures, costs, and time involved in replacing a military ID? It's only been missing a few hours so it may turn up still but I've practically turned my house upside down looking for it so I'm a little worried.

Will I be able to replace it before I have to report to MCT? How big of a negative impact might this have on what kind of pro-cons I get at MCT?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Go to Ft. Benning with your orders. Wear your charlies. Tell them you need a new ID card. Bring some other form of ID. Tell them you lost yours. They'll do you up a new one. It used to be an automatic P. 11 if you lost your ID.

I hope you find it and don't have to go through that crap.

Follow Bulkykers advice but also backtrack everywhere you have been and may have dropped it or misplaced it.

thanks a ton, I'm worrying a little less now. Not too excited about the p.11 but if I haven't found it about halfway through boot leave then I'll do what I have to.

Does it cost anything to replace?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No it does not cost anything to relace. I assume Ft. Benning is the nearest base to Rome Georgia?

I had mine taken from the gym a few years ago. I had to go to my S-1 and get a form and get it signed by my SNCOIC. RAPIDS (The ID card people) wouldn't give me anything without that form, so I don't know how you're going to do it while on leave and in between units. Oh and no page 11 for me, I was good in with the S-1 guy who gave me the form without any hassles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    No it does not cost anything to relace. I assume Ft. Benning is the nearest base to Rome Georgia?
    NAS Atlanta would be closer; I can just show up at the gate with my orders, tell them I need a new ID, and they'll let me in?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Williams5710 View Post
    thanks a ton, I'm worrying a little less now. Not too excited about the p.11 but if I haven't found it about halfway through boot leave then I'll do what I have to.
    The key here is to do it NOW!! Get your ass to the recruiter. See if he can help.

... and how do you lose your ID?

Hours after boot!

Sheeit, I still have mine after all these years.

Were you flashing it about to your homies?

Oh yeah, those stripes, hope they are velcro.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Can't imagine loosing your ID I also still have mine after all those years 68-72
    Semper Fi Redman

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    The key here is to do it NOW!! Get your ass to the recruiter. See if he can help.

... and how do you lose your ID?

Hours after boot!

Sheeit, I still have mine after all these years.

Were you flashing it about to your homies?

Oh yeah, those stripes, hope they are velcro.
    Left it in my wallet along with my Fort Steal credit card, SS card, Driver's license, and Red Cross Donor's card. It's somewhere in the house but I've been searching since about 0900 and literally turned my room and every place I've been in the house upside down in that time.

One of my drill instructors made it sound like major bad ju ju to lose one, I wouldn't get NJP'd for replacing it would I?

Quote Originally Posted by Williams5710 View Post
    Left it in my wallet along with my Fort Steal credit card, SS card, Driver's license, and Red Cross Donor's card. It's somewhere in the house but I've been searching since about 0900 and literally turned my room and every place I've been in the house upside down in that time.

One of my drill instructors made it sound like major bad ju ju to lose one, I wouldn't get NJP'd for replacing it would I?
    You can. Chances are higher since you're still in a student status too. You should be fine though, just probably end up with a Page 11 and a lot of hassle.

I've never lost my military ID, or CAC card, in 35 years. My advice is never let this happen again, as it might cost you the second time, if it happens.

check all your pants pockets, car, washer and dryer, Refridgerator (lol never know) mail box, dresser, closet, in the couch, under the couch, bathroom ect...

it has to be close to you...

Good Luck!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If you lost your whole wallet go to your Local Police Dept. or the Post Office.
    When I found a lost wallet I turned it in to the local PD.
    Some people just bring them to the Post Office because your address is in there.

They called me about 2 or 3 days later and said someone had picked it up and said thank you.

Good Luck.

PS, Congrats Marine!!!

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Thread Information