1st Lt. Brandon A. Barrett
Create Post
    yellowwing
    Guest Free Member

1st Lt. Brandon A. Barrett

DOD Identifies Marine Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

1st Lt. Brandon A. Barrett, 27, of Marion, Ind., died May 5 while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Lejeune Marine killed in Afghanistan

CAMP LEJEUNE (WTVD) -- The U.S. Marines Corps announced the death of Camp Lejeune-based Marine 1st Lt. Brandon A. Barrett.

Twenty-seven-year-old Barrett of Marion, Indiana died May 5 as a result of a hostile incident while supporting combat operations in Hemland province, Afghanistan.

Barrett was an infantry officer assigned to 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, Regimental Combat Team 7, I Marine Expeditionary Force Forward. He joined the Marine Corps in May 2006 and was promoted to the rank of first lieutenant on May 26, 2008.

He deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom from March to October 2008 and again in December 2009.

Barrett's awards include the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal and NATO International Security Assistance Force Medal.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    RIP Marine.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

RIP Marine, Semper Fidelis.

Semper Fi Rest In Peace Sir. May Godbless And Watch Over Your Family.

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    DOD Identifies Marine Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

1st Lt. Brandon A. Barrett, 27, of Marion, Ind., died May 5 while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

God bless your soul LT,you are now on board with CHESTY...
    A job well done down here,I know you'll be welcomed at the gate by your fellow Marines........OOHRAH, LT......
    SEMPER FI BROTHER.....................Ed

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Rest In Peace Marine

He was my platoon commander in 1/6 Weapons Co. for my entire Marine Corps career up until a few months ago when I left 1/6. This is so ****ing brutal and beyond comprehension right now, i'm crushed. LT was what a Marine offer should be... he took so many ass chewings because of me on a daily basis and would put the welfare of his Marines before anything. We sat around at 1/6 not doing anything for 6 months, not knowing when there would be a deployment, and all I can remember is LT Barrett telling me that he is praying everyday to the gods of war for a mission. About a month later the deployment order to Afghanistan came down from the SECDEF and LT Barrett looked like a kid on christmas morning and the only thing he could tell people were that his prayers have been answered. He was a Marines Marine and died like a Marine. What's not getting reported are two of my Marines were shot in the same engagement and are now in extremely serious condition, keep them in your prayers.

The funeral is going to be in Marion, Indiana. I'm flying there next week for his funeral.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Stay tough John and hang in there brother I know what you are going through. Your young LT gave his last full measure of devotion doing what he believed in as a leader of Marine warriors. Your words tell me that he was truly worthy of the best of the best title. Please pass my respects and condolances to his family for their loss. Slow hand salute rendered and prayers outbound.

Semper Fidelis

Jim

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Accord View Post
    He was my platoon commander in 1/6 Weapons Co. for my entire Marine Corps career up until a few months ago when I left 1/6. This is so ****ing brutal and beyond comprehension right now, i'm crushed. LT was what a Marine offer should be... he took so many ass chewings because of me on a daily basis and would put the welfare of his Marines before anything. We sat around at 1/6 not doing anything for 6 months, not knowing when there would be a deployment, and all I can remember is LT Barrett telling me that he is praying everyday to the gods of war for a mission. About a month later the deployment order to Afghanistan came down from the SECDEF and LT Barrett looked like a kid on christmas morning and the only thing he could tell people were that his prayers have been answered. He was a Marines Marine and died like a Marine. What's not getting reported are two of my Marines were shot in the same engagement and are now in extremely serious condition, keep them in your prayers.

The funeral is going to be in Marion, Indiana. I'm flying there next week for his funeral.
    Amen John.

I had the painful honor of taking the Lt for his final helicopter ride. I was one of the crewchiefs that executed his Angel Flight out of combat and back to Camp Leatherneck. My section responded to the "TIC" that was called when they came under fire and it crushed me when we came into the over head just to hear that there were already Marines down. We were searching so hard using every asset we had trying to find the shooter but we never did. I can tell you all this, he was treated with the utmost respect and honor during my leg of his final trip home. Please pass my condolences to the family. I could tell his Marines loved him, we sat on the deck for a while as everyone said there goodbye's. May he rest in peace. Semper Fi.

Rest in peace Marine. May God bless you and your family.

SEMPER FI,

RIP and may god look over your family
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Accord View Post

God Bless to you and all your men. My heart breaks for you

Thread Information