MOS and Enlistment bonus...
Create Post

MOS and Enlistment bonus...

Does the Marine Corps still give out the enlistment bonus? If so what MOS receives them? I'm assigned 61xx but, due to lack of availability in the feild, because I signed up late in the job search, I dont sign my closed contract until October when my job becomes available for next years job line up. I was just wondering if I qualify for it so, I can make sure when I get my closed contract I know what I'm signing for and, what should be there.

This is more of a question to ask your recruiter, as very few Active Duty Marines know exactly which MOS's are currently giving out which bonuses. Honestly though, it is rare to get one. We tend to not buy our recruits, such as the Army does.

Young man, not to sound rude, but some of these questions you've been asking, can be answered by your recruiter. He/she would have first hand knowledge on this.

Okay, thanks.

WMarine, what you said wasnt rude, just making me aware of another source of knowledge that I have had available for quite sometime now to me.

I know the Marine Corps unlike those soldiers, does not buy off their prospects. However I am just looking about to make sure I know what to expect to see on my contract when I sign it. I certainly wasnt bought off, not unless you count time spent around the Marines when my Dad served active.

I know there are at least 3 MOS's that give a bonus, one of them being 2800, or data/communications maintenance. and then recon. You can probably just forgot about recon though, very few people are qualified for that. I can't think of what the other one is.

There is probably more than 3, but that's how many I remember them listing when we received our orders in boot camp. I just graduated a couple weeks ago and I saw this list a few weeks before graduation so its up to date.

Cryptolinguists probably get bonuses. Intel in general used to, but I don't think they do anymore.

Ah ok. Just wondering was all. Thank you all for the help here. I think I got it.

Cryptolinguists definitely get a bonus. Not sure what it is for someone enlisting into the field, but this FY an E3 or below lat-moving into the MOS receives a $50k bonus.

Again, ask a recruiter.

Thread Information