Graduates
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graduates

Graduates

How do you cope? I have 99 days until I ship and it's going by slower everyday. Other than exercising and the Poolee functions I have nothing better to do. Unless I get this summer job, this is going to be one long summer. On top of that my Mom has the personality of a bi-polar 9th grade female. How are you guys passing by the time..?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    How do you cope? I have 99 days until I ship and it's going by slower everyday. Other than exercising and the Poolee functions I have nothing better to do. Unless I get this summer job, this is going to be one long summer. On top of that my Mom has the personality of a bi-polar 9th grade female. How are you guys passing by the time..?

Let's see.. how do i cope? I mostly just use a healthy mix of alcohol and sleep.
    Enjoy the free time while you have it man. Pretty soon the days of being able to do things like exercise for fun are going to come to an end. I'm just trying to enjoy myself before I leave (while being careful not to get into any trouble). I have no experience with Boot Camp, but I've been thinking it's better to go into a stressful situation like Recruit Training relaxed rather then already stressed out.

Guess you're right.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm about to cry for youall,,,,,,,,,,,,

I leave in 3 weeks. I'm a college frosh so I have finals next week. Move into my apartment the following week and I have exactly 4 days to relax and "shoot the breeze"...I remember when i had like 60 days and that took forever.

I listen to a lot of music... hang out with a lot of friends.. it seems that I've grown closer to my friends cause we aren't going to be able to see each other for a long time, so basically living it up. Of course I work out every 2 days at least, as well as try and ask everyone I know about referrals for the meritorious promotion, bringing a kid up today to hopefully make up his mind.

I remember when I had 6 months and now I ship out sunday. As soon as you hit the 30 day mark the time of drunken nights and doing stuff like paint balling or going to the race track are limited so enjoy it while you have the time now its time for BOOT CAMP !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Giordano View Post
    I remember when I had 6 months and now I ship out sunday. As soon as you hit the 30 day mark the time of drunken nights and doing stuff like paint balling or going to the race track are limited so enjoy it while you have the time now its time for BOOT CAMP !!!
    Yeah, im about to hit my 90 day mark and I already feel things moving a ton faster.

I DEP'd in on Jan 5th. My original shipdate was Sept. 20th, but the GySgt. at my RSS managed to get it moved up to June 1st about 2 months ago. 3 months felt like it was going to take forever, but now that I'm under 30 days the time is freakin' FLYING. Enjoy your free time while you have it.

Close to hitting the 90 day mark. Well I just got the summer job soooo I'm good now. May 15-July 30. And I just got my car fixed, my solitary is finally over..

4 days baby Paris Island here i COME

Good luck! Wonder how I will be when its less than 30 days

yea i leave on 20100517 in less than 10 days... And basically I've been waiting since January for this opportunity.. I remember when I had 90 days and I dreaded the wait, but trust me I met a lot of people worked out on a daily basis and set a schedule to get myself into good shape for basic.. Now i feel very well prepared and feel more than ready to tackle recruit training... So long story short trust me the time will fly by, just make sure you enjoy yourself but get ready for one hell of a ride

working out to get in shape really helps. Ive lost 35 lbs since deping and my weight and ist goals plus helping my fiance plan our wedding takes my mind off the wait completely. I'm getting married a month before i leave and i've already booked my honeymoon to jamaica. ill be leaving for boot like 2 weeks later. Im going to one island to the next haha.

I've lost 50 so I know. Exercising keeps the sanity honestly. Throw on some A7x and get to work!

lol edit: I'll be a bachelor till I'm like 50 haha.

Thread Information