Possible future corpsman. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    HEY, DAN!!......are you a Corpsman? Did you serve in the FMF? Were you ever stationed at Balboa? Did you go to Field Med. School in beautiful Oceanside?

Now here is the 3 things you need to be able to do.

1-Never drop out of a hump. Out hump the bostards every chance you get. If a ruck needs carrying make sure you are carrying theirs not the other way around.

2-Never make them call for a Corpsman 2x. Try to get there before they ask for you the first time.

3-Don't kill anyone through medical incompetence.

If you can do those 3 things you will do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn2 View Post
    Now here is the 3 things you need to be able to do.

1-Never drop out of a hump. Out hump the bostards every chance you get. If a ruck needs carrying make sure you are carrying theirs not the other way around.

2-Never make them call for a Corpsman 2x. Try to get there before they ask for you the first time.

3-Don't kill anyone through medical incompetence.

If you can do those 3 things you will do fine.
    HERE HERE , THATS THE FACT,YOU HAVE TO BE ON TOP MOST IMPORTANT USE YOUR INSTICT AND COMMON SENSE

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN FMF

Just realize the Navy will not promise you FMF duty once you finish Boot Camp and if you finish Corps-school. I say if because not all prospective Corpsmen make it through Corps-school, you will have to be dedicated and study your ass off to earn the your rating. In most A schools top of the class gets to pick their orders but I'm not 100% positive it works that way in Corps-school, you could end up sitting on your ass in a clinic or hospital doing some boring **** and wait a couple years to go to FMSS, where FMF Docs are forged and if you make it through that to the FMF.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    .......HEY....LITTLE BOY!!!!! NO Squids are going to talk to you, until you've earned your CADUSUS.....PERIOD!!!......NOW....go talk to the Navy Recruiter!!!!!.......

"Corps-school, you could end up sitting on your ass in a clinic or hospital doing some boring **** and wait a couple years to go to FMSS,"

True. But from everything I have heard 2nd hand the demand for FMF Docs is high. A hand raiser would have a very very good chance of getting FMF.

Besides the "risk" is not all the different from a Marine going in on open contract. They may enlist thinking they are going to be the next Manila John but end up in the kitchen working along side Manila John's wife.

They may go in thinking Recon or Bust. And after they bust they find themselves doing something else.

Life is almost never 100% for sure on anything.

First Ever Post

I just finished Bruce Williams-Burden's book, Luminous Base, that is about helicopter corpsmen.

Are you crazy? You can get killed doing this stuff. I watched first-hand with Bruce.

When they ask do you want to be a corpsman, say yes.
    When they ask do you want to fly, say yes.
    When they ask do you "give a s***" about anything else, say no.

I know a squadron that will take you.

Don't look back - you are already changed for asking.

Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn2 View Post
    "Corps-school, you could end up sitting on your ass in a clinic or hospital doing some boring **** and wait a couple years to go to FMSS,"

True. But from everything I have heard 2nd hand the demand for FMF Docs is high. A hand raiser would have a very very good chance of getting FMF.

Besides the "risk" is not all the different from a Marine going in on open contract. They may enlist thinking they are going to be the next Manila John but end up in the kitchen working along side Manila John's wife.

They may go in thinking Recon or Bust. And after they bust they find themselves doing something else.

Life is almost never 100% for sure on anything.
    True, true. My HM class was not able to get any FMSS orders! I had to wipe A$$ in a hospital before I went to FMSS. That actually turned out to be an advatage as I had already treated "Real paitents"and was a fleeter.
    Never sit down to take a break on a hump either, check your guys. When they break, your work continues. Drink more than them and be the one walking the straightest, remember its in the hymn "Drink to the foam".
    Good Luck!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead
    Don't get me wrong, i am willing to kill anyone if it means the safety of a Marine. That would be my job.
    Really!! ... and just how do you know you could kill someone!!!

... and where the hell is WMarine? I know she hasn't seen this post!

Thread Information