non- personally afflicted scars
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

non- personally afflicted scars

hello. i have wanted to join the military for quite a while, sine 4th grade. i just decided on the Marines after going to a boot camp grad. now, before i talk to a recruiter, can u help. i have two scars on my right arm one on my inner wrist and one on my upper arm. the one on wrist was from accidentally putting my hand thru a window scar is almost 6 yrs old.. scar on my upper arm is from the removal of a birthmark that my mother was worried bout. think i could get a waiver??

How about some capital letters at beginning of sentences and capitalizing the letter "I".

The Marines here have no idea if you'll be granted a waiver or not for your scars.
    And with the Marine Corps being beyond their quota these days, waivers are hard to come by. There are more qualified young men and women who don't require any waivers of any type, that would be able to enlist before you would. The only way to find out, is to talk with a recruiter face-to-face.

Military Medical Standards for Enlistment & Appointment
    Skin and cellular tissues

Current scars (709.2), or any other chronic skin disorder of a degree or nature that requires frequent outpatient treatment or hospitalization, which in the opinion of the certifying authority affects thermoregulatory function, or will interfere with the wearing of military clothing or equipment, or which exhibits a tendency to ulcerate, or interferes with the satisfactory performance of duty, are disqualifying. Includes scars at skin graft donor or recipient sites.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...ary/a/skin.htm

Im sorry ma'am. Im not on a pc so i am trying to save space for typin. i haved talked to a recruiter before about them but at the time i wasnt interested in the USMC. so i couldnt get a straight answer. im just asking for opinions. again. im sorry about my i's.

Like I said, you need to talk with a recruiter face-to-face. It's the only way you're going to get answers.

okay ma'am. Thankyou

I don't think he came here for a grammar class, he was asking a question that possibly another Marine could answer, you gave him 10 minutes.

im a girl. but its ok sir. i dont have good grammar as i am not on a pc and it is difficult to type as it is. i can assure u that if i were to be typing on a keyboard, it would all be grammatically correct...i was just lookin for multiple opinions on my question.

i really dont mean any disrespect. im just asking for multiple opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by temarti View Post
    I don't think he came here for a grammar class, he was asking a question that possibly another Marine could answer, you gave him 10 minutes.

True that, Friend says that they accept all the time, people that have had scars and broken bones. I had Tatoos all over me with scars and here I am today. now if you have any pre-existing conditions your FVcked

I called My recruiting bud he says even former broken bones and such are good to go, just need the medical documentation to see if it was correctly healed.

Thankyou JT. Means alot that you'd contact him. Broken wrist, but its okay;happened in 10th grade. And stupid tonsils. But i know the tonsils thing was okay. And Now i know the broken bone and scars are okay Thank you SOOOOO Much. Now all i need to focus on is losing weight. I plan on enlisting when the new fiscal year starts in October.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFiance10 View Post
    Thankyou JT. Means alot that you'd contact him. Broken wrist, but its okay;happened in 10th grade. And stupid tonsils. But i know the tonsils thing was okay. And Now i know the broken bone and scars are okay Thank you SOOOOO Much. Now all i need to focus on is losing weight. I plan on enlisting when the new fiscal year starts in October.
    Out-freekin-standing! You are welcome. All i got to say is start getting serious about Physical Fitness now so it will be an easier transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash0341 View Post
    Out-freekin-standing! You are welcome. All i got to say is start getting serious about Physical Fitness now so it will be an easier transition.
    You didn't capitalize one of your "I"s. LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    You didn't capitalize one of your "I"s. LMAO.
    NOOOOOOO! DAMN...Is that an NJP?

Quote Originally Posted by Splash0341 View Post
    NOOOOOOO! DAMN...Is that an NJP?
    LOL!

Hahaha. Thanks JT. I am. I get up every morning at 0430 for a 2 mile run. Then, after school i work out for quite awhile. Ive lost 20 lbs. Im getting where i wanna be... Any advice on some workouts?

Thread Information