girlfriends
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: girlfriends

girlfriends

So im a senior and am in a serious relationship and i plan on being with this girl. I need to know if i go active duty as an 0311 infantry, how often can i see my girl if i am not out on deployments? how often can i leave base, and how often can she come see/stay with me on base?

thanks.

How about filling out all of your profile first so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to.

A senior in a serious relationship....

Total # of Dear John letters in my platoon during 3 months of Boot Camp: 6

One was even married!

Quote Originally Posted by zackhodgee View Post
    So im a senior and am in a serious relationship and i plan on being with this girl. I need to know if i go active duty as an 0311 infantry, how often can i see my girl if i am not out on deployments? how often can i leave base, and how often can she come see/stay with me on base?

thanks.
    That depends on a LOT of things. Specifically, during which period of time. If you mean after bootcamp and ITB, and ignoring deployments, its going to depend on your unit and training schedule. The grunts tend not to have as normal of a schedule as other MOSs due to field exercises and things along those lines. But, you'll still be living in the barracks and you'll still have libo. While someone who works behind a desk might have a set schedule, monday through friday 0600-1800 with the occasional weekend duty or training, the grunts are all over the place. You might have a 4 day FX where you never see the barracks and then turn around and get a 72. Don't count on being able to forecast your time off. If she lives near where you'll be stationed, it's not a huge deal. If she needs to travel to come see you, it'll be difficult. Trust me, she's not going to take kindly to buying a plane ticket and hotel room only to find out that you're stuck in the field that whole weekend.

Whatever happened to..... "no profile, no answers".

If they can take the time to start a thread, then they can take the time to fill out their profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    A senior in a serious relationship....

Total # of Dear John letters in my platoon during 3 months of Boot Camp: 6

One was even married!
    Yup....had a few in my platoon as well.

girlfriends

welll dont we get time of leave? I mean whats the rule about living on base? can my girlfriend come over whenever she likes? and will i be able to leave?

welll dont we get time of leave? I mean whats the rule about living on base? can my girlfriend come over whenever she likes? and will i be able to leave?
    Whenever you're secured for the day you can go and do anything you want (within reason). And yes, you accrue 2.5 days leave every month.

How about filling out your profile!!!

This is a train wreck waiting to happen.....LOL....

HAHA. Awesome...I love this. Well you know what you need to do. Another thing you may want to do is read the rules of the forum. Due to the fact that you're typing on here is elementary, I'm going to assume that you're a senior in High School.

My advice, think long and hard about this. You'll learn, even if you don't join.

Quote Originally Posted by Covey_Rider View Post
    HAHA. Awesome...I love this. Well you know what you need to do. Another thing you may want to do is read the rules of the forum. Due to the fact that you're typing on here is elementary, I'm going to assume that you're a senior in High School.

My advice, think long and hard about this. You'll learn, even if you don't join.

hahaha ill learn what man?? and great assumption about me being a senior(i kinda mentioned that already)

hahaha ill learn what man?? and great assumption about me being a senior(i kinda mentioned that already)
    It's Marine, not man. How about showing RESPECT when talking to a United States Marine there wannabe.

You're a senior in high school and can't even use proper sentence structure......capital letters at beginning of sentences, punctuation marks were needed, and capitalizing the letter "I".

Oh yeah, and for the 3rd time, profile...you need to fill it out.

cocky little bastards today, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    cocky little bastards today, aren't they?
    You got that right. Maybe it's going to be a full moon tonight.

Thread Information