family day...
Create Post

Thread: family day...

family day...

How, when and where do I find out about family day during graduation week? My parents and, supportive or serving family wants to come out, see and, accept me into the few who have served within in our family.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    How, when and where do I find out about family day during graduation week? My parents and, supportive or serving family wants to come out, see and, accept me into the few who have served within in our family.
    Family Day will be the day before graduation. They'll give you the exact date at some point during boot camp.

Thank you. I was wondering so I could have an idea as to when I can relay it back to my family. Much appreciated.

Family Day & Graduation Ceremony

The Ceremony
    Family day and graduation take place on the last two days of recruit training. Family Day occurs Thursday and gives new Marines a chance to see family and friends for the first time during on-base liberty. Graduation is conducted Friday in a formal ceremony and parade, attended by family and friends.

All recruits are issued a Graduation Packet with the battalion commander’s graduation invitation letter, and an entry/parking placard (vehicle pass) sometime around week 9 of their 12 week training cycle. But please note, it is the recruits themselves who decide who they mail their graduation packets.

Parris Island personnel cannot inform you of the mailing status of a Grad Packet, or re-issue one.
    Please be sure to confirm the graduation date of your recruit.

In order to be authorized access to the Depot, guests of family day and graduation must have entry/parking placards (vehicle passes) to properly identify their vehicles. Additional vehicle passes will be made available at the front gate. Please review the Graduation Vehicle Pass policy.

Visitors are requested to stop by the Douglas Visitor Center upon arrival to check in. In order to allow time to identify which recruits have family or visitors waiting to see them, please sign in before 0950 on Family Day.

Family Day
    Please register before 0950 at the Douglas Visitor Center.

-6:30 am - Java Café open in Visitor Center
    -7 am - Motivational Run
    -8 am - 7 pm Marine Corps Exchange Opens
    -8 am - Museum opens
    -8:15 am - All Weather Training Facility/Lyceum Open
    -9:30 am - Battalion Commander's Brief describing Recruit Training in the -All-Weather Training Facility
    -9: 50 am - Liberty Ceremony (on base liberty commences upon conclusion of the ceremony)
    -10 am - 3 pm Barracks Open House
    -10 am - 3 pm Observation of events at Leatherneck Square
    -3 pm - Liberty Ends

Graduation Day
    The Morning Colors Ceremony (flag raising) with musical accompaniment by the Parris Island Marine Band is held Friday at 7:45 a.m. in front of Barrow Hall.

Graduation is held Friday mornings at 09:00 a.m. on the Depot’s Peatross Parade Deck and lasts about an hour. In the event of inclement weather, graduation ceremonies will be held in two or three indoor locations, which will be announced on the morning of graduation at the Visitors Center.

http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/graduation/ceremony.asp

At one point, you'll fill out some information while sitting down with your Senior Drill Instructor and then it'll get mailed home along with the base pass for them to come and see you. It will have all the info in it that they should need.

Make sure they make reservations for a hotel in advance before they are sold out.

Good luck!

In my opinion, if you have family and friends that may come down to see you graduate, let them know that they can also stay over at Beaufort Air Station, which is a few more miles down the road from Parris Island. The rooms are a lot nicer and cleaner. That's were my brother and I stayed, while my sister and her family stayed at a Days Inn, I think, and the rooms were horrible.
    I think the room rate for civilians at Beaufort is around $60-$65 a night, which isn't bad. If you have someone in your family that is retired from the miitary, you get the rooms for around $55 a night. Those rates may or may not have changed since August of last year. Just have whoever is coming down to see you, give them a call to make reservations.

Thanks alot. My cousin and his wife who are both marines(one former) live in Beaufort. His mom, my mom, my dad, and fiance and her parents are the ones i got to get info to.

Quote Originally Posted by dizark View Post
    At one point, you'll fill out some information while sitting down with your Senior Drill Instructor and then it'll get mailed home along with the base pass for them to come and see you. It will have all the info in it that they should need.

Make sure they make reservations for a hotel in advance before they are sold out.

Good luck!

This

You can figure out when family day is for you right now. Start at your ship date and count 13 mondays ahead. From that 13th Monday, go back to the previous thursday and wha-la, family day.

I'd have them wait until atleast grass/firing week so most of your **** is situated and you have a pretty good idea you're going to finish training

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    This

You can figure out when family day is for you right now. Start at your ship date and count 13 mondays ahead. From that 13th Monday, go back to the previous thursday and wha-la, family day.

I'd have them wait until atleast grass/firing week so most of your **** is situated and you have a pretty good idea you're going to finish training
    Thanks a lot. All of you have been a great help. Ever since enlisting, I have had family harassing me left and right. I do not have a clue if I am able to even invite them all. Can anyone help me with this as well?

It's not like you get tickets or anything, anyone can come to your graduation.
    An please capitalize Marines.

Ah, okay then thanks Marines that helped a lot.

Anybody can go.

I've gone to several graduations where I knew no one. I just like going to see my new brothers get born.

Thread Information