marines and online homeschool diplomas
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

marines and online homeschool diplomas

I am currently enrolled in Continental Academy and was just wondering if anyone knows if their diplomas are accepted by the usmc. I have always wanted to be a marine and plan on joining in less then a year. The program im enrolled in states that the program is the one students wishing to join the military must enroll in. If anyone with previous experience with this school knows anything then I would greatly appreciate it if i got replies. Thanks in advance.

When using the word Marines, it will capitalized at all times.

Hope this helps you out some........

US Military Enlistment Standards
    Education

For enlistment purposes, the military breaks education into three overall categories: Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3. The vast majority (over 90 percent) of all enlistments are from the Tier 1 category.

Tier I
    Applicants in Tier I have a high school diploma, or at least 15 college credits. This means a high school diploma, not a GED. Depending on state law, completion of high school by home study may or may not be considered equivelant to a high school diploma.

Tier II
    Tier II includes GEDs, home study (in some states), Certificate of Attendance, Alternative/Continuation High School, Correspondence School Diplomas, and Occupational Program Certificate (Vo/Tech). The services limit the number of Tier II candidates it will allow to enlist each year.

In the Air Force, the limit is less than one percent each year. In such cases, the applicant must score a minimum of 50 on the AFQT to qualify (Note: The "AFQT" is the overall ASVAB score).

The Army will allow up to 10 percent each year to be Tier II candidates, but they must score a minimum of 50 on the AFQT.

The Marines will only allow about 5 percent each year to be Tier II, and the Navy about 10 percent. Like the Army and Air Force, Tier II recruits must score a minimum of 50 on the AFQT to qualify.

The Coast Guard only accepts Tier 2 candidates if they have prior military service, and even then requires them to score higher on the AFQT (50 for prior Coast Guard Service, 65 for prior service in other branches).

Tier III
    Individuals who are not attending high school and are neither high school graduates nor alternative credential holders. The services almost never accept a Tier 3 candidate for enlistment. If you fall into this category, your best bet is to get at least 15 college credits, so that you will be qualified as Tier I.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...leducation.htm

Yes I was just looking at your schools site, it is legit, and accredited. You should be good to go enlisting with that diploma. Good Luck

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks. Additional information from anyone is also greatly appreciated. Any recruiters on here I can message?

I'm not being sarcastic by saying this, but why don't you go and see a recruiter in your area and ask him/her yourself...face to face. That's the best way to get the answers you are looking for.

Agreed. A personal visit will be far more productive for you. Recruiters are VERY busy these days and email/phone cons just aren't going to get you what you need.

Thread Information