MCT waiver
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MCT waiver

MCT waiver

Begin Rant.

Just got done with range week, ended table 2 today.I'm no Devgru operator or anything but just to clear things up for some Marines who left the fundamentals back at MCT. . . .

THIS is a correct firing position. Squared off to the target, with the stock closer to the center of your body, inline with the dominant eye.

THIS is NOT.

ALSO. It is 2010, you don't charge the weapon with the muzzle at the dirt, you don't use your dominant hand(the one on the pistol grips) to do things like charge the weapon or do reloads. You don't really have a choice with double feeds unless you have a extended bolt catch. You should prob search and assess like youve been taught after every string of fire. You should keep the weapon up during a reload.

I'll stop there.

additions are much welcome

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Is it ok if I point and laugh?

please do

Time to use those observation skills you just learned at boot camp! The vest that these Marines are wearing are known as interceptors...It is nearly impossible to keep your buttstock in the shoulder pocket because the gear is just that trashy. In the fleet, you will not deploy with those vests anymore because they don't offer you enough protection, have horrible weight distribution and because you can not keep the weapon in your shoulder. I don't blame the Marines at all in this picture, it is the cheap, unpractical gear that is at fault.

Well the MTV was definitely a step BACKWARD when it comes to being able to keep a weapon in your shoulder. Most vests that the Marine Corps issues are horrible for maintaining a proper combat stance. The plate carrier isn't too bad however there are still many better options out there.

Here's my additions, like them or not.

I'm missing the point of this thread.

I don't see anyone charging a weapon at the deck, WTF.

I do, however, charge my weapon with my strong hand, I can't really see another way to do it. Unless the bolt is open and then you can hit the bolt release with your weak-hand.

On a reload - I would have to say the best thing is for the weapon to drop down a little to the hunt position as you momentarily shift your focus to the reload, and can better scan the area.

This thread is stupid. Hope that helps.

[quote=thewookie;637647]I don't see anyone charging a weapon at the deck, WTF. quote]

That was me referencing other shooters I witnessed at the range, not the one picture from google I decided to use as example

[quoteI do, however, charge my weapon with my strong hand, I can't really see another way to do it. quote]

you can! just like spapping the boltcatch, you can use your non dominant hand to pull back the charging handle.

Well, I've got several things. First off, the dude you have pictured is, in my opinion, doing it wrong also. His arm should be tight to the body, not out like that and with his hand on the farthest part of the handguards. Plus it's like the Wook said, it's all personal preference in the end, whatever you have to do to get the weapon firing as quickly as possible. Plus, all the POGs at MCT are probably more concerned about the remedial action of a stapler, than they are of their rifle that they fire one time a year at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by RYDERKUR View Post
    Well, I've got several things. First off, the dude you have pictured is, in my opinion, doing it wrong also. His arm should be tight to the body, not out like that and with his hand on the farthest part of the handguards. Plus it's like the Wook said, it's all personal preference in the end, whatever you have to do to get the weapon firing as quickly as possible. Plus, all the POGs at MCT are probably more concerned about the remedial action of a stapler, than they are of their rifle that they fire one time a year at the range.
    I dont run my support hand like he does, but Im not 14y force recon like Travis.

And as for "all the POGs at MCT are probably more concerned about the remedial action of a stapler, than they are of their rifle that they fire one time a year at the range. " Me being a superPOG, I completly agree with you.

I'm not HSLD, never been in combat and didn't go through the new shooting courses. I do, however, shoot a lot.

I've heard your arguements by many people, and I'm sorry, but I disagree, and here's why.

1) "Don't charge the weapon with the muzzle in the dirt" -- Why not? Would you prefer in the sky or straight forward? I'm not waiting till the last minute to charge the weapon, so it's not like I need to hurry up and be on target. So the issue of where to point the muzzle while charging the weapon, to me, comes down to safety. There SHOULDN'T be a slam fire, but we know how Mr Murphy rolls. If I'm going to have an accidental discharge, I'd rather do it into the deck.

2) "You shouldn't take your strong hand off the pistol grip when charging the weapon" -- We're talking about 3 possible situations here. First, you just emptied a mag, loaded a new one and need to feed the first round. Use your left hand to hit the bolt release. I don't think I'll get much arguement on that one. Second, its the first time you're charging the weapon, well, we covered that, in my opinion, it needs to be done well before going into harm's way, so its not like I need to be quick about it. Third, (and most likely the one you're referring to) is for immediate action or, before getting a new mag in, the bolt slammed home.

In that situation, the argument is that you don't want to take your finger off the trigger, you want to use your weak hand, grab the charging handle with the palm of your weak hand and pull it to the rear, thus, you're ready to rock and roll ASAP. The problem with this arguement is that you can't charge the rifle while maintaining a cheek weld. You're going to have to move your entire head off the weapon, so it's not like the split second it takes to get my hand back to the trigger is a deal breaker.

As for their stances, I can't tell, the pictures aren't working for me.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I can't see the second picture. I was pointing and laughing at the first one. That has to be the most effed up looking off hand stance I've ever seen.

Doesn't anyone listen to their PMIs or Coaches anymore! Jesus that first guy is a laughing stock ready to get shot in the ass, and the second picture with the Marine's hand on/near the magazine well will get his 2nd clip in well before the first guy! Knees bent, ass out, squared up with target! oh as for the second picture i'm talking about the Marine thats doing it correctly. 3rd Marine down the line!!! although he could bend his knees a little more! also what dumb ass RSO let the Camera man behind the Firing line!

Quote Originally Posted by Komenko View Post
    Jesus that first guy is a laughing stock ready to get shot in the ass, and the second picture with the Marine's hand on/near the magazine well will get his 2nd clip in well before the first guy! !
    "clip"? really?wow.

That first guys name is Travis Haley. His bio is here, and I seriously doubt that Marine pictured can run a rifle better.
    http://www.magpuldynamics.com/mission/index.shtml

Back to my original comments, what is the point of this thread? Is it to get Travis some PR?

Thread Information