MCT waiver - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MCT waiver

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Back to my original comments, what is the point of this thread? Is it to get Travis some PR?

"just to clear things up for some Marines who left the fundamentals back at MCT. . . . "

He was just the quickest search to find a good picture.

You shoot the best way for you. Just like your flak, you set your flak up that best suites you.

Quote Originally Posted by LandsNGrooves View Post
    "clip"? really?wow.

That first guys name is Travis Haley. His bio is here, and I seriously doubt that Marine pictured can run a rifle better.
    http://www.magpuldynamics.com/mission/index.shtml
    lmao give me a break!!!!! atleast i didn't say striper clip! and don't you mean fire a rifle better cause anyone can run with a rifle! And i'm sure he can fire his rifle better cause he is the one developing classes along with testing them and his instructors to his course curriculum! you can't tell me you didn't know what the hell was going on while getting classes tought to you in MTU by Instructors that just were tought the new (at the time) CMP cause it was different than from what you were tought in boot camp!

funny story to go along with this. I was a block NCO on Wilcox range during field fire (that is what the CMP classes are for!) and had nothing but staff and officers on the line. they heard one pop and every single one of them started firing! try yelling cease fire over 25 rifles firing at once!

So LandsNGrooves do you have a secondary MOS of 0931 or 0933? just wondering!

Quote Originally Posted by hawks View Post
    You shoot the best way for you. Just like your flak, you set your flak up that best suites you.
    Unless you have higher ups who think they know the one way a flak should be set up for every Marine. Uniformity over practicality...pssshh

Quote Originally Posted by LandsNGrooves View Post
    "just to clear things up for some Marines who left the fundamentals back at MCT. . . . "

He was just the quickest search to find a good picture.
    I think your whole story STINKS. Just like this thread, Devil Dog.

I find it very odd and rather ironic that "he was just the quickest search to find a good picture" but in almost the same breath you had his bio ready to doll out.

I was born at night, but not last night.

I think you have some man-love for Travis.

I don't know Travis, but we share some of the same friends through BW.

The thread is stupid, it smells like crap, and you are full of it.

I think your whole story STINKS. Just like this thread, Devil Dog.

I find it very odd and rather ironic that "he was just the quickest search to find a good picture" but in almost the same breath you had his bio ready to doll out.

I was born at night, but not last night.

I think you have some man-love for Travis.

I don't know Travis, but we share some of the same friends through BW.

The thread is stupid, it smells like crap, and you are full of it.
    Yut! Call it like it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Komenko View Post
    I was a block NCO on Wilcox range during field fire (that is what the CMP classes are for!) and had nothing but staff and officers on the line. they heard one pop and every single one of them started firing! try yelling cease fire over 25 rifles firing at once!

So LandsNGrooves do you have a secondary MOS of 0931 or 0933? just wondering!

Quote Originally Posted by RYDERKUR View Post
    Unless you have higher ups who think they know the one way a flak should be set up for every Marine. Uniformity over practicality...pssshh
    Unless you said.... F*** that and did it your own way; yeah get my ass chewed every time a SNCO walks by, but I rather have my ass chewed than be DeD!!!!! (yes, I spelled it like that).... But, alas, by the time I saw anything I was re-called off IRR and pround of it (at the same time a little ****ed) so whatever is whatever.......

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Back to my original comments, what is the point of this thread? Is it to get Travis some PR?
    Could be but I think it's more likely to get Magpul Dynanmics some exposure!! Care to share Travis' curriculum vitae? Perhaps some facts will answer the doubts exhibited by the gentlemen present? Just a suggestion.

Dan

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    thewookie

Did not mean to include you in my post #24, if I did I apologize. But I have to agree this whole thing stinks. My remarks were intended to the original post.

Dan

Last edited by USNAviator; 04-29-10 at 10:13 PM. Reason: redundancy

[quote=Komenko;638773] and don't you mean fire a rifle better cause anyone can run with a rifle! quote]

opps I worded that wrong. Substitute "operate" in place of run.

I

ok, google image "kyle defoor" should be the 2nd image. I cant access it right now. See his stance is very similer, even the wierd support hand fully stretched out? I dont have a bio for him, all I know is hes on some show with Larry Vickers and he was a SEAL.

Grabbing the magwell or close to it with your support hand is like grabbing a pencil by the eraser and trying to write. In the Marine Corps, we are ****ing our selves by always having targets right next to each other, So people never train to agressivelly drive the muzzle from target to target.

Its all about recoil control and target transition. Of course, all the Billy Badasses want to derp with "your shooting a 556 rifle, it dosent have any recoil herp derp", but unless your sights don't move at all when you shoot, you should be looking for a way to get them to stop. How? Well position refinement is done on ART for a reason. When you shoot on burst, where does the muzzle go? This will tell you whats wrong w your platform. Does your muzzle go up and to the left?(75% of shooting seem to do this)? your prob standing straight up and bladed. Rounds going straight up? Good, your squared up, but not leaning forward enough? Rounds to the left? Push you hand out, lock the wrist and hold that ***** down. Now what happend? Your controlled pairs just disappeared bc you have confidence in your position, and you know your sight will be waiting on you, not the other way around.

If you fallow top compitition shooters and top level military units, youll find they all use a similier style forward support hand.

Travis Haley Former Force Recon/Blackwater SO assualter/sniper

Kyle Defoor Former Navy DevGru assualter/sniper

Kyle Lamb Former CAG (Delta Force), assaulter

Larry Vickers Former CAG, was the unit's main weapons SGT(billet) for years. Is also a notable 1911 smith.

Jason Falla Former Austrailian SAS assualter

Jerry Miculek bizzilion times shooting champion in about everything, shoots for S&W

ETC ETC ETC

Thread Information