Who gets dress blues at graduation? and who gets what uniform at what rank. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Wow, bunch of old salts throwing out all kind of information.

Now, as of one year ago, west coast graduate in either Blue Charlie's or Delta's, and east coast in Service Alpha's or Charlie's. And yes, dress blues are issued at bootcamp, but they come out of the recruits pay, just like everything else. They are NOT "given" out.

West coast also has "Chief DI's" vs. east coast "Series GySgt."

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Look, I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ about grammar and punctuation marks, but it's ridiculous already to constantly see wannabes and poolees not use proper grammar. In my opinion, it's just being lazy, and the why bother attitude, and a whole bunch of excuses on why some don't bother to pay attention to what they are typing.
    I can't speak for other Marines on what does or doesn't bother them, but it bothers me.
    Maybe you forgot to read this rule.....
    Rule Eight when you post make sure that it looks like you are submitting it to your english teacher for their determination whether you pass or fail!

And young man, get used to Marines correcting you about everything. If you think I'm being "abrasive" with my corrections, wait until you meet your Drill Instructors.
    I do apologize for the lack of respect I gave you, and I agree I was being extremely lazy. I met one of my Drill Instructors already at a Pool event a nice taste of three months in hell.
    I know I was asking a lot, and I know I'm gonna receive a ton of **** until I get somewhere but, I do however know how to write and I know I should have been writing in proper. Forgive my act of stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269
    Forgive my act of stupidity?
    All is good!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    I know I was asking a lot, and I know I'm gonna receive a ton of **** until I get somewhere but, I do however know how to write and I know I should have been writing in proper. Forgive my act of stupidity?
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    I get the terms. I know them. Not trying to be rude but, can you try not to be so abrassive with the corrections? No one else has been, and not trying to put myself above any poolee here but, I was raised in the Marine life and very much know the terms, the proper writing skills, etc. I apologize ahead of time if I'm being rude but, I know my ****, and I know I need to straighten it, and you made your point the first time.
    You aren't exactly demonstrating your superior writing skills. Confidence is great, but make sure you can back it up. If you don't see the problems above, ask your English teacher. I'm sure he/she would be happy to help you.

By the way, WMarine is a lot nicer than DI's, but it sounds like you already discovered that.

'm stSorry, I'll adjust. I'm still trying to get out of those stupid typing habits I developed over the years.

*I'm sorry
    (my computer isn't inputting keys properly)

Thread Information