Who gets dress blues at graduation? and who gets what uniform at what rank. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I believe it started not more than 2 years ago.

You can graduate in your Alphas, or charlies.

The guide has the best chance at blues. But the whole platoon may wear the Dress Blue Delta's. All depends on the weather and it's not all up to the drill instructors what you wear, I think they have minimal say it's the darkside that picks as far as I know

Quote Originally Posted by micarr57 View Post
    they get issued dress blues in boot when did that start?
    Classes graduating around November/December 07 and after.

Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    I think it's up to the series CO......
    A Series has a CO these day's!!!!!!

A Series used to have a Series Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    A Series has a CO these day's!!!!!!

A Series used to have a Series Officer.
    Indeed they do, Gunny. Each series as a Chief Drill Instructor and a Series Commander, then of course the Co. 1stSgt and Co. Commander.

If I recall correctly the series officers were a result of the Ribbon Creek Incident.

On the west coast, everyone graduates in Dress Blue Charlies or Dress Blue Deltas. East coast graduates in one of the service uniforms from what my PI brothers have told me.

Quote Originally Posted by xbh View Post
    On the west coast, everyone graduates in Dress Blue Charlies or Dress Blue Deltas. East coast graduates in one of the service uniforms from what my PI brothers have told me.
    This is either a new thing or incorrect.

I graduated from MCRD/SD April 13th, 2003 and we wore Service Deltas. Wore them for the Eagle Globe and Anchor ceremony too, the only difference was that we wore our **** cutters for visitor's thursday and our barracks cover for graduation. Our guide wore blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post

I graduated from MCRD/SD April 13th, 2003 and we wore Service Deltas. Wore them for the Eagle Globe and Anchor ceremony too, the only difference was that we wore our **** cutters for visitor's thursday and our barracks cover for graduation. Our guide wore blues.
    Probably new since everyone's issued blues now.

thanks. Guess ill really find out at boot wont I but it gives me a bit more idea.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    thanks. Guess ill really find out at boot wont I but it gives me a bit more idea.
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That is a stretch to go from who wears what on graduation to ribbon creek. The honchos in the head shed decide what the graduation uniform will be. Recruits are all prepared for which ever one the officers decide on.

If they tell you all to hop around in a fart sack at graduation then that is what you'll do.

For the rest of the title of this thread ... there are progressive ranks and uniforms authorized ie a SSgt can wear evening dress. They purchase and maintain their own. Recruits don't need to worry about all that though.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    That's boot camp/recruit training to you.

Punctuation marks........

I get the terms. I know them. Not trying to be rude but, can you try not to be so abrassive with the corrections? No one else has been, and not trying to put myself above any poolee here but, I was raised in the Marine life and very much know the terms, the proper writing skills, etc. I apologize ahead of time if I'm being rude but, I know my ****, and I know I need to straighten it, and you made your point the first time.

Look, I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ about grammar and punctuation marks, but it's ridiculous already to constantly see wannabes and poolees not use proper grammar. In my opinion, it's just being lazy, and the why bother attitude, and a whole bunch of excuses on why some don't bother to pay attention to what they are typing.
    I can't speak for other Marines on what does or doesn't bother them, but it bothers me.
    Maybe you forgot to read this rule.....
    Rule Eight when you post make sure that it looks like you are submitting it to your english teacher for their determination whether you pass or fail!

And young man, get used to Marines correcting you about everything. If you think I'm being "abrasive" with my corrections, wait until you meet your Drill Instructors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post

Are you sure it was Deltas and not Charlies? **** cutters don't go with Deltas at all.

Thread Information