Im looking for the best way to prepare for boot...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Im looking for the best way to prepare for boot...

Im building my own workout for days i dont go to Recruiter scheduled PT. What would be some staple excersizes or what would be the best way to prepare for optimum performance at boot camp?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There is no way to EVER prepare for it. You can read everything you want, try everything you want, run as far as you want and you will STILL be unprepared when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    Im building my own workout for days i dont go to Recruiter scheduled PT. What would be some staple excersizes or what would be the best way to prepare for optimum performance at boot camp?
    The best thing you could do is Recruiter scheduled PT....
    He'll teach you a little self discipline also........

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    The best thing you could do is Recruiter scheduled PT....
    He'll teach you a little self discipline also........

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    Do a search in the poolee forum, as this has been covered before.

Run. A lot. When you're done with that, run some more.
    When you're tired of running for endurance, sprint. Then run some more.

Show Up!! Thats the First Step

thanks i do go to PT but, Id like to prepare physically for it outside of the scheduled PT. Thanks for the help.

run run and run some more bends and thrusts mountain climbers pushups sit ups till you get tired then go about another half hour then do some more get a good sleep before you go if you start out tired it takes longer to recoup do everything you can but you still won't be ready

Quote Originally Posted by fs19 View Post
    That there is some craziness, but good craziness. One of our Officers is an cross fit instructor, MF'r does like 28 pullups during the PFT and the only reason why he had to stop is cause our training officer told him to get off the bar. Bad thing is that sh!t can be pricey, oh and you feel like a b!tch your first few WODs.

For runs I would recommend http://www.halhigdon.com/5K%20Training/5-Knovice.htm that is how I trained friends that want to run races with me.

Thanks Marines, I appreciate this information very much.

Boot camp has more to do with mental acumen, adroitness, trust, and a no fear attitude, rather than physical adeptness. If you believe you can, you can.

That's a very true statement Master Gunnery Sergeant.

I think the biggest part of the PT element of boot camp isn't so much about making you into a PT stud, but teaching you that when it hurts you CAN keep going. For our entire lives as civilians, people are used to just giving up at the "it hurts" point.

Yes sir! Recruiter PT has already taught me that giving up is for the weak and isn't an option. Sergeant Rogers during our 4.5 mile runs will push us and not let us stop, no matter how much it hurts. PT is over when we make that long lap and return to the recruiting station. That Marine can run!

Thread Information