Finally time to begin Enlistment/DEP
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Finally time to begin Enlistment/DEP

Just started all the nice wonderful paper work you have to fill out. Felt like I was filling in blank pages of a book. Now All I have to do is have my parents sign off and go through MEPS. Just really excited about this have been waiting for a few months now.

Hahaha. You think the paperwork's bad now?

It's just practice.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Hahaha. You think the paperwork's bad now?

It's just practice.
    It wasn't to bad but still alot. A buddy of mine who is a Poolee at the moment said there's a great deal more. Just glad to start the long road to my goals.

Yea there's just about as much paperwork to do when you get out too.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    There wasn't a lot of paperwork in my opinion , the thing that bugged me was all the waiting .

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by ARIA View Post
    There wasn't a lot of paperwork in my opinion , the thing that bugged me was all the waiting .
    This is the most I have ever filled out so to me it's alot. The waiting is pretty bad but there more to come. My dad was on board but now that I have actually started this he is seeming more reluctant to sign. He wanted me to wait till I was 18. He thinks I am going to change my mind about this. But to me this isn't something you change your mind about, going to a movie and which yeah you change your mind to that. But changing your mind on Enlisting in the Marine Corps is not something that I can fathoum.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I see just think before you act that's all the advice I can give you and if you have any questions about the enlistment process let me know I did it not to long ago (like how MEPS is,the ASVAB,etc.)good luck bro

Credits
    Savings
    I'm curious as to how MEPS goes. I'll be going this May. I'm really wanting to take the ASVAB, did well on the practice(82) one and hoping to do even better on the real one.

Quote Originally Posted by 93F22A6 View Post
    I'm curious as to how MEPS goes. I'll be going this May. I'm really wanting to take the ASVAB, did well on the practice(82) one and hoping to do even better on the real one.
    MEPS at a Glance
    An Overview of the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS)

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...mepsglance.htm

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good Luck to You!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you Marines. Got my Questionaire done and should figure out when I go to MEPS this Friday.

I just took the Oath on Monday, after all the paperwork MEPS is a breeze. Just relax and enjoy it. Have fun but don't get in any trouble at the hotel or anything. It's pretty easy to get DQ'd.

Credits
    Savings
    Finally got in to take the ASVAB friday, did really well. Got an 88 on it, Gunny Giles said I had the highest MM scores he's ever seen (152) and my other wore float around 120-135. Pretty happy with it, hopefully getting in for the pysical and swearing next week or a week after that.

Congrats, I made the mistake of not sleeping before I took my ASVAB and only got an eighty. be sure to post your ship date once you get it all squared away!

Credits
    Savings
    I will, just about everybody I know will know it, really excited. I have never been this eagar to do something in my life.

Thread Information