How does your RSS PT you?
Create Post

How does your RSS PT you?

Well I'm wondering how RSS' around the US do what they do to make sure people get ready for bootcamp. For example my RSS PTs every Tuesday and Thursday 5-7 during the school year and monday-friday during the summer. On normal Tuesdays and Thursdays we hage done Stations with different exercises. We've run mini IST's we practice basic drill sometimes. Go on a mile nd a half run usually but sometimes we do a river run which can range from like 5-6. We do relays, suicides, pyramid dips, pyramid pullups, team pushups, chinese crunches. We have done buddy low crawls in the past. Crab walks, bear crawls. The whole nine. I never leave PT without a workout.

This Poolees RSS does every Wednesday night and thats only with our station not the whole area and we also do every first Saturday at Westover Airforce base,we'll usually do an IST followed by whatever our Staff Sergeant wants us to rather its a CFT or even running back and forth on the football field doing whatever excersise he tells us to.

Quote Originally Posted by ChewyyCheezyy View Post
    Well I'm wondering how RSS' around the US do what they do to make sure people get ready for bootcamp. For example my RSS PTs every Tuesday and Thursday 5-7 during the school year and monday-friday during the summer. On normal Tuesdays and Thursdays we hage done Stations with different exercises. We've run mini IST's we practice basic drill sometimes. Go on a mile nd a half run usually but sometimes we do a river run which can range from like 5-6. We do relays, suicides, pyramid dips, pyramid pullups, team pushups, chinese crunches. We have done buddy low crawls in the past. Crab walks, bear crawls. The whole nine. I never leave PT without a workout.

I love RSS Boston! hahaha we go hard 24/7

My RSS (Monmouth) runs 2 PT's a day Monday through Friday, and one on Saturdays we don't have Pool Function. During the week we have one in the AM for Poolees out of high school, and one in the PM for those still in high school (Had to split it up because the gym was too full with everyone there). We usually do 3 days of gym work (Pullups, weight training and short distance sprints) and 2 days of outdoor Field PT which works in longer distance running, low crawls, bear crawls and stuff like that. Saturdays we usually do something fun and competitive like basketball or football.

My RSS does PT for poolees who failed or is barely getting by on the IST Monday, Wednesday, and Friday(Unless there's a Poolee function the following day, then they just get yelled at and told to make sure they pass the IST). But I've been hearing lately my RSS hasn't really been enforcing PT to any of the poolees.

We run an IST basically everytime because there's always new faces there so we try and see where they are at.

Then after the IST we do some drilling and some exercises, ask general questions and such... sometimes we do special stuff like last time we did dis/ass of m16a2.

At RSS Lewisville we have a weekly pool function every Thursday. And our monthly pool function is held on Saturday mornings. I've been in the DEP for about 6 months now and I leave May 17th for MCRD SD.
    Anyways, on Thursdays our activities vary, about once ever 4-6 weeks we will run an IST. The other weeks we do a mixture of running at various distances, and some tough line drills. We don't practice too much on drill or formations, but almost every week we have a warriors study and discuss a courageous Marine and his actions.
    Our monthly pool functions are typically more tough. We've done a CFT, a few IST's, and always some other random workouts which include a lot of running and a lot of other exercises.

Typically I work out 3 days a week on my own now, and once a week with my RSS, and I have improved greatly since enlistment. Going for perfect PFT and CFT almost there.

I remember when I was a poolee (nearly three years ago now, holy shiat), I drove 45 minutes to the RSS, PT'd for 2 hours, then drove 45 minutes back to my house. I repeated this Monday throught Friday, for three months, before shipping out. I actually enjoyed it, yes.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Damn! That is some dedication. I ride my bike to warm up before PT to the RSS

Thread Information