1st and the 15th
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1st and the 15th

I know once I become a Marine I get paid on the !st and the 15th. The 2010 pay chart says a Marine with less than 4 months of service recieves $1339. My question is will I recieve the $1339 every two weeks or is that amount split into two pay checks per month. I tried searching for the answer and couldnt find any help. Any response would be helpful. I really dont care about the money, Im just asking for my dad. He was curious.
    Thanks.

The pay charts refer to monthly pay so that's 1339 a month before taxes nd other **** you'll pay for. You'll prolly get like 500-600 each pay cycle(1st nd 15th)

Don't forget, in addition to taxes and whatnot, that during bootcamp, a certain amount will be deducted, for you PX visits and some items...

Yah nothing is free in bootcamp not even haircuts

Quote Originally Posted by ChewyyCheezyy View Post
    Yah nothing is free in bootcamp not even haircuts
    They make you pay for ****ing haircuts?.....
    I wonder if they charge you every time you're quarterdecked, too.

I don't know about haircuts, but for hygiene stuff, some initial gear, and whatnot. it gets taken out of the paycheck, in form of a prepaid VISA or whatever they use...

Yah even haircuts. Nd lol I can see it now quarter decking will be like making a long distance call with att, 15 cents a min rofl

15 Marine Corps push ups a minute!

Somehow this thread got way off track :-)
    I guess I'll take the blame since it seemed to start with my stupid-ass comment.

The stuff at the MCRD PX are very cheap as far as I know.

Thanks for all the posts lol. Yea my dad thought for a second I would be making bank. Haha he was wrong.

Well you gotta think making 1400 a month nd ur not paying rent or any bills cept maybe a cell phone.

Screw it... since this thread has already gone to hell I have to ask

ChewwyCheesy-
    What does your name mean?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    lmao

Honestly its from like 6th grade. Its my gamertag nd I've forgotten over the years

Thread Information