drill instructor commands
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

drill instructor commands

I am sorry if this has already been answered. I am shipping on the 10th of may for boot camp. I know when they say ears you say open sir and eyeballs is click sir. I was wondering what other things like that I should know.

I understand that you want a heads up on things, but don't worry about it. Everything that you will need to say and how to say it, will be taught to you by your Drill Instructors.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    I understand that you want a heads up on things, but don't worry about it. Everything that you will need to say and how to say it, will be taught to you by your Drill Instructors.
    YOU WILL LEARN BY THE NUMBERS....YOUR DRILL INSTRUCTORS WILL TEACH YOU...!!

Oh sorry.....momentary flashback for a split sec......

Ahhhh, doing everything by the numbers...lol! Yes, it does bring back memories.
    We even got dressed by the numbers on the day of graduation.

YEP.....and I don't know about you but we had deck snakes...everyone gave up one of their OWN personal issued Marine Corps green towels to be used as a MOP/BROOM which recruits got on our own mini "racetrack" and ran around the squad bay with our arms stretched out on this wet towel cleaning the floor. NO mops or brooms.....man....that was rough.....but our squad bay was the cleanest out of our series...!!

Ahhh and who can forget those fond memories of doing push-ups until a pool of sweat formed beneath you on the quarter deck....all while screaming at the top of your lungs..."LOYALTY, SIR....DISCIPLINE, SIR..!!!"......while the Drill Instructor yelled..."UP....DOWN....UP....TOO SLOW GET BACK...!!"

Nah, we didn't have to give up any personal gear...lol!

And yes, the fond memories of sweat puddles under your boots....and we had the black leather boots when I was in, which left nice scuff marks on the deck when the Drill Instructors would quarter deck you in the squad bay. Then, when you were done being quarter decked, you had to clean those scuff marks up.

Nah, we didn't have to give up any personal gear...lol!

And yes, the fond memories of sweat puddles under your boots....and we had the black leather boots when I was in, which left nice scuff marks on the deck when the Drill Instructors would quarter deck you in the squad bay. Then, when you were done being quarter decked, you had to clean those scuff marks up.
    Oh hell yeah..... those heavy ass, calf high ol' leather boots....I still have mine....LOL....the inspection set anyway.....at least I saved something from that life-sucking ex-wife.....LOL.....

I don't have any of my black leather boots, not even my jungle boots I got when I was in Okinawa. The jungle boots were the best....nice and light on the feet.

I don't have any of my black leather boots, not even my jungle boots I got when I was in Okinawa. The jungle boots were the best....nice and light on the feet.
    Yes they were lighter than hell after wearing those hot and heavy leather boots.....felt like I could run forever in them....which we did up at Schwab...!! LOL.....I still have my gas mask from Desert Storm.....and those desert boots we were issued on the way home.....LOL.....never worn.....size 12w if anyone wants them....

I still have two sets of cadillacs, 2 sets of black jungles and my black Marine infantry combat boots. One set each of all leathers and jungle boots are unused since my command required everyone to buy new ones due to a CG inspection. Now i also have three sets of tan boots as well, with a fourth set of steel toed tan boots to be issued by the unit on the way. Between my boots, dress shoes and running shoes i think i have just as many shoes as my wife does, which she is quick to point out whenever she gets the urge to go shoe shopping.

Credits
    Savings
    No quarter deck here.

Lived in quonset huts.

PT was in the sand between the huts and runway, right near the washrack.

There was, however, a pullup bar and small space for 'quarter decking' right outside the door to the DI's hut.

Big Al, we had those PT sandpits too over in 4th BN.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay5743 View Post
    I am sorry if this has already been answered. I am shipping on the 10th of may for boot camp. I know when they say ears you say open sir and eyeballs is click sir. I was wondering what other things like that I should know.

Every crew of Drill Instructors has their own personal preferences as far as certain things to sound-off, how, and when. They will teach you what they want. What my Drill Instructors had my platoon say is likely very different from what yours will demand.

So don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Every crew of Drill Instructors has their own personal preferences as far as certain things to sound-off, how, and when. They will teach you what they want. What my Drill Instructors had my platoon say is likely very different from what yours will demand.

So don't worry about it.
    Oh yeah...thats for sure.....I have a 79 year old friend I used to work with who was in Korea with Chesty Puller and O.P. Smith and all the old greats....he says they had tents at the Island in HIS day which probably would have been around 1949 or 1950.....and were given live ammo throughout bootcamp.....which was only 8 weeks long at the time....!! WOW....!!!

He was one of those old Marines from the 1st Division who the Korean government sought out after 50 years and gave them all medals for liberating them....now thats history right there brothers....and sisters.....!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm just sukkin all this shet up,,,,,, So many memories. Like smokin 'round the concrete washdeck.

Thread Information