tattoo removal
Create Post

Thread: tattoo removal

tattoo removal

I have searched this forum, but couldn't find exactly what I am looking for. As some of you know, I have a tattoo on my ankle that may be interpreted as anti-American. (Check out the Mustangs thread if you haven't already) I was supposed to take oath April 5, but some paperwork got messed up, so I have to wait until May 3. My recruiter doesn't think my tattoo will be a problem, but his boss is going to show a picture to their CO to make sure. If for some reason it is a problem, I plan to remove it. Does anyone know if I would still be able to take oath in May if it is a problem, as long as I am in the process of removing it? Or would I have to wait to enlist until it is gone?
    I have asked my recruiter this question and am waiting for a reply, so I thought in the mean time I would try to get some idea of an answer on here.
    I wasn't sure if I should put this in my old thread or create a new one, so please feel free to move this to my other thread if that is a more appropriate place for it.

I would have to say that if you have the tattoo removed, make sure you consult a doctor and have it done the right way, and I believe you'll have to get a waiver for the tattoo removal.

Just an update. My recruiter found out today that my tattoo is not considered to be racist, anti-American, or against the Corps. Apparently because it has straight wings and doesn't have a red beak, it is acceptable. If it had angled wings and a red beak it would be considered as a sign of white supremacy. Which, I had no idea about until today. I thought I did my research before getting it, turns out I didn't quite do enough!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Great News. Now your Good to Go!!!
    Good Luck to you.

Thread Information