Birthday in RVN?? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    My best friend was drafted into the Army. He died in Viet Nam on his 21 birthday. Dec. 12, 1967.

God Bless You All,welcome Home,thank You For A Job Well Done. And For Our Brothers That Didnt Return HOME MAY THEY REST IN PEACE.

Semper Fi My Brothers.

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 FmF

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm sitting here, listening to Glen Miller's Orch, playing "Moonlight Serenade"....and thinking about my Dad's 101st B-Day coming up on the 17th of April. He, and my Mom suffered through 8 Birthdays during WWII. My Grandpop was blown out of his home by the German CARPET BOMBING, in 39', or 40'.
    A loooong time ago, but the memories I have of their lives will go with me, when I finally get some peace.....D/G

I had my 21st and 22nd birthdays there, just two more days in paradise.

Doc Greek,
    That is a pic of my Llama MAX I with CocoBolo grips in .45 cal.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ....VERY NICE!!!...

Had my 20th at An Hoa Sept 68. I was given free beer all night and heaved my guts out several times later that night. What a special Birthday.

Credits
    Savings
    19 January 67 on Prarie II with the Third Herd, 3/4

Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    I turned 20 up on Charlie Ridge after patrolling from Hill 37 in October of 1967
    Charlie Ridge? One of the more interesting, scary, places on earth. I was with the first Marine operation that went up there is force. Feb 1966. Operation Taut Bow.

Turned 19 in Nov 1966 somewhere in ICorps. Have no real memory exactly where we were. I think it may have been the 6th day of a 4 day patrol. No choppers and no food but lots of rain. We were sure it was in fact Thanksgiving and we were coming back in to a feast.

Dumb focks. Not one of us knew it was not Thursday. We did get back in that day but no turkey. That would come a day or two later as I remember.

I have a photo of my father on his 18th Birthday in the jungles of Vietnam near the Cambodian border on Dec. 2, 1965. He was with the armys 1st Infantry Division though

Doc,

B-Days don't matter at our age anyway! Who can count that high? HEHEHE.

What is important at our age is that you have a pulse when you get up and put one foot in front of the other. Keep on trucking my friend.

Turned 22 Feb 1967 Dong Ha drove north to DMZ got my truck shot up had to fix two tires when I got back what a day.

Had my 20th Birthday in Yokuska Naval Hospital after having been wounded on 21 June 68 before my birthday on 25 June 1968. Happy Birthday!

Thread Information