Awesome day at PT
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Awesome day at PT

HELLO Marines!

My name is Erik Redding aka Poolee Redding, and today i had yet another PT function out here in NY. Today two drill instructors came out and a Sgt Major( Sgt Major Heyward ) and it was intense. A ton of physical training which was awesome and i just loved every second of cadence while runing near civilians. After a lot of the PT was over all eight of the RSS stations sat platoon after platoon and we all had a tug of war against each other 10 v 10.

It was a very awesome MOTIVATING day and i cannot wait until i leave in September for recruit training.

I am not aloud to say this yet but

Last edited by thedrifter; 04-10-10 at 07:45 PM.

I Was There With You Out Of Flatbush Brooklyn

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    yeahhhhhh nice i saw you guys

i am with RSS hempstead

I had a great function today (also in New York), we learned about making maps and such for others to read, did some drilling, IST, and finally went over an m16a2...

We were supposed to get an m16a2, m9, and a bunch of other guns... but logistics failed (welcome to the Marine Corps haha).

Next month is family month... which should be fun

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    nice nice

Next month we have a mini-boot camp here in Minnesota. Sadly I am not able to attend due to my brothers bachalor party..

Yea today was my first real encounter with the drill instructors from PI I ship in a month they figured it would be necessary to give us Poolees a taste of boot camp. Enjoyed every moment

Last edited by Oohrah Devildog; 04-11-10 at 01:55 AM. Reason: typo

We have our Idaho State Poolee meeting on the 22nd and 23rd, pretty excited for that, gonna take us out to Gowen Base here in Boise and bring the Sand Diego RD drill instructors up. I'm bringing a friend that's tying to join the National Guard with me to try and change his mind haha, hope it works

Quote Originally Posted by legioXvance View Post
    We have our Idaho State Poolee meeting on the 22nd and 23rd, pretty excited for that, gonna take us out to Gowen Base here in Boise and bring the Sand Diego RD drill instructors up. I'm bringing a friend that's tying to join the National Guard with me to try and change his mind haha, hope it works
    Or he'll **** his pants haha.

Quote Originally Posted by legioXvance View Post
    Haha I joined the Idaho guard last June and got out in July to join the Marine Corps. Tell him itll be better in the Corps over the Idaho guard. The guard was a pain and didnt tell me I was out until I called them a week and a half before I was supposed to go to basic. Oh well MCRD SD here i come tomorrow.

You guys are making me feel left out lol. All we do is IST every second Saturday. The recruiters say that if all the poolees would pass the f***ing IST we would do some of the things you all are talking about. We are getting new poolees. Guy came in yesterday and could only do 0 pullups 22 crunches ran in 13:28 or something (not sure because I had to run back and try to motivate a guy who ended up running a 15:18). He was somewhat of a fat body but made weight. Some of these guys aren't even trying, and it is hard to help someone like that.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    We have amazing recruiters, in addition to the second Saturday of the month IST stuff they hold a two-three hour pool function every Wednesday. The Wednesdays are the most intense because thats when their really trying to get us into shape and prepared. On the Saturdays we do our IST maybe some drill and play some game for a few hours. I think their working on getting a little obstacle course going, should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dziuky View Post
    Haha I joined the Idaho guard last June and got out in July to join the Marine Corps. Tell him itll be better in the Corps over the Idaho guard. The guard was a pain and didnt tell me I was out until I called them a week and a half before I was supposed to go to basic. Oh well MCRD SD here i come tomorrow.
    Good luck bro! I'll be pullin for ya

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    Or he'll **** his pants haha.
    i really hope he does, he's been going out to Guard drill on the weekends, he's got dog tags and thinks he's the hottest **** around haha. I hope this shrinks his head a bit.

I just had an awesome PT yesterday, we did drill and marching and walking in formation. We also did the "Cock,Drill" etc ... The guys at my RSS (Coon Rapids MN) are all in pretty damn good shape. In addition my recruiters and the Sgts at my RSS are cool as hell. Enjoyed it a lot. I can't wait for the Mini Boot Camp that's coming up... we're definitely going to be the strongest RSS there.

Thread Information