siap Ooh Rah! Cpl Matthew Bradford
Create Post

siap Ooh Rah! Cpl Matthew Bradford

U.S. Marine Becomes First Blind Double Amputee to Re-Enlist

FOXNews.com

He has no legs and no eyesight, but Marine Cpl. Matthew Bradford has four more years of military service ahead of him after becoming the first blind double-amputee to re-enlist
    Photo by Tom Reel. Copyright 2010 San Antonio Express-News, reprinted with permission.
    Corporal Matthew Bradford is sworn in by Lt. Col. David Barnes as he re-enlists in the Marines at Ft. Sam Houston, Texas April 7, 2010. Tom Reel/Staff

He has no legs and no eyesight, but Marine Cpl. Matthew Bradford has four more years of military service ahead of him after becoming the first blind double-amputee to re-enlist.
    The rifleman was injured in January 2007 in Iraq when a roadside bomb exploded right under him, the San Antonio Express-News reported.
    But after years at the Center for the Intrepid, a privately funded, cutting-edge rehabilitation center, Bradford, 23, has learned to walk with prosthetic limbs and navigate without his vision, and he only regrets that he can’t return to combat duty in Iraq, the paper reported.
    Instead the Kentucky native will head to Camp Lejeune, N.C., where he will work with other wounded Marines in hopes of helping them cope with anger, depression and other issues.
    "I'm paving the road for the rest of them who want to stay in but think they can't," he told the Express-News. "I'm ready to get back to work."

GOD BLESS that Marine............SEMPER FI

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    All together now......OHHHHHHH RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It dont got no better than this,Marines taking care of there own.Semper Fi.

Last edited by Sgt Jim; 04-10-10 at 07:53 AM. Reason: get

Oooooooorrrrrrrraaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh,god Bless Cpl Matthew, His An Inspiration To All.

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OHHHHHHH RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

GOD BLESS that Marine!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Didn't know the USMC was that smart. Heck of a good idea.

Now they should assign him a guide WM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

{You know I'm kiddin, ladies}

Credits
    Savings
    He'll definitely be an inspiration to others!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kman311 View Post
    U.S. Marine Becomes First Blind Double Amputee to Re-Enlist

FOXNews.com

He has no legs and no eyesight, but Marine Cpl. Matthew Bradford has four more years of military service ahead of him after becoming the first blind double-amputee to re-enlist
    Photo by Tom Reel. Copyright 2010 San Antonio Express-News, reprinted with permission.
    Corporal Matthew Bradford is sworn in by Lt. Col. David Barnes as he re-enlists in the Marines at Ft. Sam Houston, Texas April 7, 2010. Tom Reel/Staff

He has no legs and no eyesight, but Marine Cpl. Matthew Bradford has four more years of military service ahead of him after becoming the first blind double-amputee to re-enlist.
    The rifleman was injured in January 2007 in Iraq when a roadside bomb exploded right under him, the San Antonio Express-News reported.
    But after years at the Center for the Intrepid, a privately funded, cutting-edge rehabilitation center, Bradford, 23, has learned to walk with prosthetic limbs and navigate without his vision, and he only regrets that he can’t return to combat duty in Iraq, the paper reported.
    Instead the Kentucky native will head to Camp Lejeune, N.C., where he will work with other wounded Marines in hopes of helping them cope with anger, depression and other issues.
    "I'm paving the road for the rest of them who want to stay in but think they can't," he told the Express-News. "I'm ready to get back to work."
    Now this is the ture meaning of SEMPER FI ! ! Go MARINE Go! OOOORAH!

once a marine always a marine.marines are hard too kill or keep down.SEMPER FI

I met him today at the Boston Semper Fidelis Society luncheon, he was honored, wow,,, what a MARINE. I have a YouTube video of him or the presentation they made of him, I'll be posting it later to my blog, wasn't a dry eye in the place.

Cpl. Bradford makes me proud to be an American. I can't describe what it makes me feel like as a United States Marine.

Thread Information