Confused question
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Confused question

Hello Marines..

I was looking on the Qualification Factors for several MOS's, and it say's this

CL- Clerical, Administrative, Supply & Finance - NO + CS + VE (Note: CL Score was eliminated in late 2002. All job Marine Corps requirements that required a CL score were changed to GT Score at this time. The score requirements are the same. In other words, if a job previously required a CL score of 90, then it was changed to require a GT score of 90).

So is this actually in affect? Only reason I am in doubt it may not be is because I read a fellow poolee's thread on how he didn't qualify for a MOS That I am interested in as well, because his C scores. (CL)
    Their thread is recent. That is the reason on why I am confused, is there something that I am missing?
    Please inform a confused soul Marines.

Have you looked at this site yet?

ASVAB Scores Required for the Marine Corps
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...lusmcasvab.htm

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    no ma'am, let me see..

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hmm.. I see. One problem though, it only rattles me more because also on About.com it has this

CL- Clerical, Administrative, Supply & Finance - NO + CS + VE (Note: CL Score was eliminated in late 2002. All job Marine Corps requirements that required a CL score were changed to GT Score at this time. The score requirements are the same. In other words, if a job previously required a CL score of 90, then it was changed to require a GT score of 90).

so everything that is CL on this site you provied for me WMarine, will all those CL's be GT's instead?

Chocopie, I really can't answer that question for you. How they go by line scores and such these days, is much different from when I was in back in 1988. I'm sure another Marine will be able to answer that much better than I can. Have you asked your recruiter about this? I know he/she will be able to give you an answer.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I will certaintly ask my recruiter thus question.
    Only reason i've come upon to ask it is because this fellow poolee of mine was denied a job, for his CL score.
    Which I've come upon to reasoning, About.com has false information. Or the fellow's Marine recruiter has an outdated book.
    Thank you for your time WMarine.
    Any other Marine's that would have words of wisdom of this kind, I would gratefully like to here it.

I don't think they use CL anymore, but I can't say for sure, my job only required GT.

Anyone else got any better insight?

Did you stop and think that maybe the CL score is just what your being told? For example maybe the poolie didn't get the job for something other than the CL score, i.e. is a turd, and the recruiter told him and/or you it was about the CL score because it is none of your business why the guy is a turd.

For that poolie - I know if lots of people that if they got denied for some embarrassing reason they would come up with something more palatable.

For the recruiter - It none of your business why other people don't qualify. If he wants to share the truth fine, but back to the poolies possible train of thought, I'd be ****ed if a recruiter went off telling everybody I didn't qualify because of something embarrassing.

Thread Information