How to get an updated contract from recruiter?
Create Post

How to get an updated contract from recruiter?

I just made Eagle scout about a month ago and gave my recruiter certificate. He just got it back from MEPs and I asked to see an updated contract that says my MOS field 03xx and E-2. He said he is unable to get a copy of that since it is only at MEPs and I asked him to request one and he said there is no where of anything saying ill be an E-2 and that when I ship out Ill see papers on the rank and MOS when I sign them. I just want to make sure cause ive heard of alot of peopling getting screwed over by this and I dont want to go to boot camp and find out I dont have the job I wanted or the rank I can earn from being an Eagle Scout.

Back in dec. he requested my SS card to bring down to MEPs and I havent seen it since. Every week I ask for it and he keeps saying that he will get it to me by next week. I'm kind of tried of this bull crap since I need it for my employer and I have to keep telling them hang on.

So is there anywhere to get a copy of my contract?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Schmidt View Post
    I just made Eagle scout about a month ago and gave my recruiter certificate. He just got it back from MEPs and I asked to see an updated contract that says my MOS field 03xx and E-2. He said he is unable to get a copy of that since it is only at MEPs and I asked him to request one and he said there is no where of anything saying ill be an E-2 and that when I ship out Ill see papers on the rank and MOS when I sign them. I just want to make sure cause ive heard of alot of peopling getting screwed over by this and I dont want to go to boot camp and find out I dont have the job I wanted or the rank I can earn from being an Eagle Scout.

Back in dec. he requested my SS card to bring down to MEPs and I havent seen it since. Every week I ask for it and he keeps saying that he will get it to me by next week. I'm kind of tried of this bull crap since I need it for my employer and I have to keep telling them hang on.

So is there anywhere to get a copy of my contract?

Thanks.
    I would tell you to call his SNCOIC, if you don't know who that is. It would be the guy thats in charge of him. Usually a Gunny, or SSgt. Give him/her a call an explain your situation. I don't see a reason why he should not show you your contract. When I went through the process I had to change a few things. I had a copy of the old one, and when I changed some stuff I got a copy of the new one. As far as the SS card, I don't see a reason that he should be holding onto it, if he is done with it he needs to give it back. On that note to it could be a simple matter of the Recruiter is new, and is not sure of getting an update copy of your Contract. It could also be that he is just so busy that he keeps forgetting to throw your SS Card back your way. Think tactful, if you have to call his SNCOIC make sure you talk to whoever it is in a respectful manner, and explain the issue in a respectful manner.

I would say also before you go calling SNCOs and such, ask him again respectfully for a copy of your contract. If he says he can't get it, then say well can (SSgt or GySgt) Name get it for me? Maybe suggest talking to them yourself. You should be able to judge the difference between whether he is trying to **** you or whether he just is embarrased that he doesn't know how or something.

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    I would tell you to call his SNCOIC, if you don't know who that is. It would be the guy thats in charge of him. Usually a Gunny, or SSgt. Give him/her a call an explain your situation. I don't see a reason why he should not show you your contract. When I went through the process I had to change a few things. I had a copy of the old one, and when I changed some stuff I got a copy of the new one. As far as the SS card, I don't see a reason that he should be holding onto it, if he is done with it he needs to give it back. On that note to it could be a simple matter of the Recruiter is new, and is not sure of getting an update copy of your Contract. It could also be that he is just so busy that he keeps forgetting to throw your SS Card back your way. Think tactful, if you have to call his SNCOIC make sure you talk to whoever it is in a respectful manner, and explain the issue in a respectful manner.
    I wasnt blowing you off I just put this into my other question so people would futher understand whats going on.

Thread Information