Requesting permission to enter - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyius View Post
    I disagree. He enlisted and served. His was discharged for medical reasons not of his own making. He is a Marine.

ZZZZZ zzzz
    Are you saying that a young man joins then the day he signs the papers he is a Marine? Its the everybody gets a trophy mentality. Well hell I once parked my car at the pentagon so now I get to wear the JCS badge.

I disagree. He enlisted and served. His was discharged for medical reasons not of his own making. He is a Marine.
    Your opinion brother not mine, well disagree to disagree on this one

Marine Family Free Member SmithAdrian's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    That would make me a Marine. I don't rate that title, this coming from a Rct who got sent home medical. I know his pain...I was dropped late in training aswell...We were told until you take 1 step on the hike back from the crucible you're not a Marine.

When I was in you wernt a Marine until the day before Graduation when they presented you with your Eagle Globe, and Anchor, until then you where just another non-rate!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Big Statement Gary.
    Here we go with the Facts.
    Marines???

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    When I was in you wernt a Marine until the day before Graduation when they presented you with your Eagle Globe, and Anchor, until then you where just another non-rate!
    Changed with the addition of Admin/Marine week. Now you have to take 1 step on the hike back (to account for the people who got hurt and had to struggle through the crucible but completed it)

I find it ironic the two people who were med-sep'ed/retired whatever is giving this kid so much BS. Is it some sort of complex that your bodies lasted past the first 13 weeks but not an entire enlistment? The same thing happened to this kid as it did to you two, his just happened sooner. Congrats, your bodies made it 13 weeks! Sheesh, give this kid a break. Like I say, I just find it ironic, I'm not trying to step on any toes or start a urinating match, I just wanted to throw that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by SmithAdrian View Post
    Changed with the addition of Admin/Marine week. Now you have to take 1 step on the hike back (to account for the people who got hurt and had to struggle through the crucible but completed it)

zzzzzzzzzz

I disagree with you. He was discharged early in boot camp, that doesn't make him a Marine. And I was always told that you're not a Marine until you walk across that parade deck on graduation day.

Quote Originally Posted by RYDERKUR View Post
    I find it ironic the two people who were med-sep'ed/retired whatever is giving this kid so much BS. Is it some sort of complex that your bodies lasted past the first 13 weeks but not an entire enlistment? The same thing happened to this kid as it did to you two, his just happened sooner. Congrats, your bodies made it 13 weeks! Sheesh, give this kid a break. Like I say, I just find it ironic, I'm not trying to step on any toes or start a urinating match, I just wanted to throw that out there.
    If you reread my statement I stated publicly that I was not doging him on his medical condition. If you also reread I told him to to hang around in a few more posts. I stated the facts for him, and told him not to get any sympathy nothing more. I didn't take anything away from him on his medical condition. Reread what I wrote man

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by RYDERKUR View Post
    If I got hurt for life 2 days before I shipped and SgtMajMC got hurt today do we really rate the same title? Where's the cutoff line? Get shot the day after you depped in...can we rate the title then? Not to sound like I rate even being in this conversation...but the point is he didn't make it through. He never earned his Eagle Globe and Anchor. It's nothing against him, hell he's in the same boat as me. All I'm saying is he and I don't rate the title of Marine...if he can't accept that, then that's a personal problem.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    I disagree with you. He was discharged early in boot camp, that doesn't make him a Marine. And I was always told that you're not a Marine until you walk across that parade deck on graduation day.
    Check the new requirements WMarine. You rate the title a week before graduation now.

NOT a Marine. Period. You are a Marine when you cross the grinder (for the older Marines) or get told you are one in the Crucible, (for the newer Marines). (And yes I'm well aware of Marines who never completed Recruit Training, circa 1950, we aren't talking about that).

Therefore, the profile name is wrong. Marine Friend is correct.

The spare mag on his AK is without ammunition.

Add that to his list of discrepancies.

K well I will be the man here. I told the guy he was wrong, I told him to PM a MOD. He left, I told the board I was dissapointed he left, he came back, and I told him to stick around, but we where Marines, and don't always play nice. If I went overboard I apologize, I called it how I seen it.

Thread Information