Requesting permission to enter
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Requesting permission to enter

Good afternoon Marines,

Im a former Recruit from MCRD San Diego who got sent home in the middle of training for medical reasons. I never quit, but my kidneys threw a fit over something I was injected with and started failing (they called it Acute Renal Failure or something like that). It was a rare, freak reaction nobody could have predicted. But it ment my dreams of being a Marine where over. This devistated me so deeply that even now, 13 years later, im still trying to come to peace with it all.

I never quit, I never "washed out". I was a motivated Squad Leader whose physical scores where among the best in Hotel Company.
    I wanted this, I went back to school and got a Diploma for this, I lived for this. Earning the title of Marine was the only thing I cared about.

I would constantly imagine standing at the top of a muddy hill at the end of the cruicible, my Drill Instructor in front of me with the Eagle Globe and Anchor in his hand, he would say "well done Marine". I would say "pin me bloody Sir!". I wanted him to pound that Eagle Globe and Anchor through cloth, flesh and bone and straight into my mother****ing heart."

Instead, I earned the lustrious title of "Broken Recruit" and was sent home, where I pretty much lost my mind for a while.

Eventually, my grandfather came to me and said "Carry on and quit your *****in boy, worse things happen to better men every day." He was a silent man, a retired old school USMC Seargent Major of the hardest calaber. He has seen and done things that would make Satan himself pray for repentance and never gave advice. I took it to heart and got my act together enough to make some plans. Acceptance came with time, and things got better as I went along, but there are still scars. One thing will never change though, I will always love the United States Marines.

So with your permission, this Broken Recruit would truley enjoy being a part of your online community.

Sincearly,

Erik Coryell
    Former Recruit
    Hotel Company 2055
    MCRD San Digo.

Your not a Marine, so I really don't know why your profile states you as such!!!! If your looking for sympathy your not going to find it here, I would suggest you PM a MOD, and have your profile fixed.

While it is unfortunate that this happened to you, I agree with echo. You're not a Marine until you've EARNED the EAGLE, GLOBE and ANCHOR from recruit training and walked across that parade deck on graduation day.
    So, yeah, you should PM a mod, thedrifter, jinelson or Sgt Leprechaun, and ask to have your status changed from Marine to Marine Friend.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    13 years ago it was called the Cruicible???
    Didn't know that!!!

Ah he left, sorry to see he couldn't take a little flack when I told him he wasn't a Marine. 13 Years of "problems" for not being able to make it through Boot Camp. Yeah give me a friggin break.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You got injected with something that caused renal failure?

Why would I bother posting this thread if I wanted you all to think I was a Marine?

I never have, and never will pretend to be a Marine or a Veteran. Nor have I ever been so diluted as to think I somehow deserved those titles. So if my profile presents me as a Marine, Ill fix it or ask a mod to fix it. If by stating the company and platoon I trained in at the bottom of my pose appears misleading to you, ill take it off. The few weeks I was in training probably seem insignificant, but they meant everything to me. I wanted to represent them out of respect and to show pride in my platoon.

I made this thread to make sure nobody thought I was a Marine. (since this is a forum for Marines) and I am asking permission to be here because I am not a Marine.

Well, for starters, when you made this account here, you shouldn't have registered as a Marine, you should've registered as a Marine Friend.
    Also, you should've read the rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. If you did that, you would've read not to post in forums that you're not allowed in until you've EARNED the title, and to read the headers above each forums as a guide....Open Squad Bay is for Marines Only.
    You can post in the Marine Family or Marine Corps recruits forums, with the exception of the poolee forum. That's for poolees only.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog Merick View Post
    Why would I bother posting this thread if I wanted you all to think I was a Marine?

I never have, and never will pretend to be a Marine or a Veteran. Nor have I ever been so diluted as to think I somehow deserved those titles. So if my profile presents me as a Marine, Ill fix it or ask a mod to fix it. If by stating the company and platoon I trained in at the bottom of my pose appears misleading to you, ill take it off. The few weeks I was in training probably seem insignificant, but they meant everything to me. I wanted to represent them out of respect and to show pride in my platoon.

I made this thread to make sure nobody thought I was a Marine. (since this is a forum for Marines) and I am asking permission to be here because I am not a Marine.
    Hell you don't need permission just make the proper profile, and go hangout in the Ask A Marine threads we'll talk with ya. I'll step back and say this much you act like your looking for some sympathy, and trust me your not going to get that man. You didn't make it through Boot, k you said yourself your comming to terms with that. However don't expect us to coddle you for that. I've seen Marines with alot worse problems than yours, and those fine Warriors come first. If you can handle a little flak stick around, have some beers, but don't expect us to always play nice.

....this Broken Recruit would truley enjoy being a part of your online community....
    Nice story but you ****ed up the re-entrance. And don't behave like a human door mat, that don't get it h'yere abouts

[quote=Maddog Merick;628958]my kidneys threw a fit over something I was injected with and started failing (they called it Acute Renal Failure or something like that). It was a rare, freak reaction nobody could have predicted. [quote]

What were you injected with? Was this as a recruit?

I want to make this clear publicly I'm not disputing your medical condition by any means. I know people who have this, and its not a good thing.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Yes it was designed and implemented in '96. Has RI dried out yet Rocky?? Buddy of mine lives on Naraganset (SP?) Ave in Cranston, old Vic, right on the water. Still pumping out his basement

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    Yes it was designed and implemented in '96. Has RI dried out yet Rocky?? Buddy of mine lives on Naraganset (SP?) Ave in Cranston, old Vic, right on the water. Still pumping out his basement
    Evening Commander!!!

It was called "Elliots Beach" at Parris Island when I went to Boot.

It's drying out slowly but Cranston and Warwick is still Under Water.
    Those Poor people!!!

I disagree. He enlisted and served. His was discharged for medical reasons not of his own making. He is a Marine.

Thread Information