6199 MOS 6199 - - Enlisted Aircrew/Aerial Observer/Gunner
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

6199 MOS 6199 - - Enlisted Aircrew/Aerial Observer/Gunner

Im a poolee/DEP right now waiting to ship to boot (still have 8 months to wait which is bull**** because i realy want to go to boot now). Right now im looking into an mos and Id realy like to be in an mos that gives me flight time and hopefully combat position.

Eventualy id like to switch over to the officer side so i can apply for flight school but while im enlisted id realy like to see some flight time. and i realy want to be in a combat positions since my whole reason for joining the corps is to make a diffrence and protect my country.

However none of my recuriters (including the gunnery sergeant) dont seem to realy know much about this particular MOS.

So if anyone could please help me understand what is necessary to make this mos or if someone has served in this particular mos itd be very much appreciated

oh and if there is another way to be a door gunner like a different mos i need to choose or something please let me know.

Thank you guys in advance

Monsturr

Quote Originally Posted by Monsturr View Post
    Im a poolee/DEP right now waiting to ship to boot (still have 8 months to wait which is bull**** because i realy want to go to boot now). Right now im looking into an mos and Id realy like to be in an mos that gives me flight time and hopefully combat position.

Eventualy id like to switch over to the officer side so i can apply for flight school but while im enlisted id realy like to see some flight time. and i realy want to be in a combat positions since my whole reason for joining the corps is to make a diffrence and protect my country.

However none of my recuriters (including the gunnery sergeant) dont seem to realy know much about this particular MOS.

So if anyone could please help me understand what is necessary to make this mos or if someone has served in this particular mos itd be very much appreciated

oh and if there is another way to be a door gunner like a different mos i need to choose or something please let me know.

Thank you guys in advance

Monsturr

I can't help you with your questions, and just so you know, I'm not being a smart a$$ by saying this.......
    Now, for every word that's in bold, it's 50 pushups each. The letter "I" should always be capitalized, capital letters at beginning of sentences, and puncuations marks were needed. If you want to be an officer some day, you should use proper grammar.
    When using any type of rank, it should be capitalized at all times. Also, when using the word Corps on this site, it will be capitalized at all times. It's in the site rules, which you should read in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
    You should also at least have your first name in your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to. And, your recruiters name is SSgt O? How about his/her last name.
    As for the bullsh!t part about not going to boot camp now, you'll just have to wait to go to MCRD just like eveyone else is.

And it's thank you Marines, not thank you guys.

I cant tell you about the MOS, but from the Marines i've talked to in that MOS they signed the AG contract. You could ask your recruiter about that contract but just so you know "Enlisted flight crew" is also on the AJ contract. I can almost assure you that you wont be enlisted flight crew with that contract however.

The Lcpl is right about the AG contract. I had it before I was lucky enough to procure a 03 contract. AJ as far as I know does have the option to get into Flight Crew, but I don't think the probability is very high.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    I can't help you with your questions, and just so you know, I'm not being a smart a$$ by saying this.......
    Now, for every word that's in bold, it's 50 pushups each. The letter "I" should always be capitalized, capital letters at beginning of sentences, and puncuations marks were needed. If you want to be an officer some day, you should use proper grammar.
    When using any type of rank, it should be capitalized at all times. Also, when using the word Corps on this site, it will be capitalized at all times. It's in the site rules, which you should read in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
    You should also at least have your first name in your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to. And, your recruiters name is SSgt O? How about his/her last name.
    As for the bullsh!t part about not going to boot camp now, you'll just have to wait to go to MCRD just like eveyone else is.

And it's thank you Marines, not thank you guys.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I apoligize everybody. Today I found out my MM score was actualy three points under the requirement (seems you need a 105 and mine was only 102) I asked if there was any chance for waiver but i was told this was impossible. This is very dissipointing for me since i had scored 90 on the overall test. (I believe its called GT score?)

Thank you for all the help anyway. Ive decided to choose the infantry option instead.

I know this is old as ****.

But in case of later searches as I saw this in an internet search.

6199 is not a primary mos its a secondary MOS you can't enlist to be a 6199.

Its different than a crew chief.

I was a 6152 on the CH-46E and became a 6199 as a secondary.

Hope that helps.

Welcome aboard, Marine.

Thread Information