USMC Mess Night- who's done it? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This thread makes me want to address the Mess and request permission to shed a tear for Lord Admiral Nelson... (standing head-call)

Hahaha. Nice. Forgot about that.

I enjoyed the "kangaroo courts," ridiculous fines, revelry, and basic drunkedness...

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Did one in Okinawa, it was -- different. Kind of reminds me of a comedy roast, in a military way.
    yep, that's where I did the only one I was able to go to. Only got to do one Marine Corps ball to. That was at Courthouse Bay so, you can assume how much fun that was.

The best was the "troop appreciation nights" and "bosses nights" that we had at Camp Hansen. That was some of the wildest free for all nights.

I've done several of them and the best was with Gunny in 2005!

Quote Originally Posted by Komenko View Post
    I've done several of them and the best was with Gunny in 2005!

Hell yeah, I bet that was a real treat....

Credits
    Savings
    My Marine Corps League went to one at another Detachment not too long ago, just as fun as when I was active and went to one in Oki.

Myself and a couple of my friends actually prefer Mess Nights to the Ball.

Quick question, one of my old platoon sergeants said that its more traditional to have a field mess night than a dress mess night. Has anyone else heard this before? I've only done a Dress Mess so I can't compare the two.

1984 (or was it '83...), at Marine Barracks, Annapolis, with Colonel John Ripley!

1986, Parris Island, SC, while in the old time NCO School.

Both were cool as all git out.

Quote Originally Posted by hussaf View Post

Quick question, one of my old platoon sergeants said that its more traditional to have a field mess night than a dress mess night. Has anyone else heard this before? I've only done a Dress Mess so I can't compare the two.
    I agree with this. I have been to the Ball and a Mess Night and I have to agree that Mess Night is one of the things that many Marines don't get to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by hussaf View Post

i've done both. my 1999 2nd CEB Alpha Company field mess night was crazy. Saw a LCpl order a Captain to start doing push-ups and the Captain did them and my Platoon Officer reading everyone their rights. all were drunk as hell lmao. but to answer your question its all in how the unit wants it done! you can either have dress or drunken mess lol

I HEARD that they did one in Afghanistan,,,,I Heard that it was pretty cool ---to take your mond away from things while deployed..............

""""GySgt_____________ is so bored at mess night that he brought a playboy to pass the time..........................hahahaahahha........ .....

Quote Originally Posted by CplAllen View Post
    I mean the REAL DEAL. The drinking, stories from the big dogs... who has participated in this awesome Marine Corps tradition?
    I did it with BLT 1/3 on Camp Hanson back in 2005. It turned out to be a lot of fun, and the food is very good.

Did one in Camp Fuji while on UDP back in '06. Almost everybody was drunk, enlisted and officers alike. Had a lot of skits which involved imitating fellow Marines throughout the chain of command, (was involved in one where I had to imitate our CO). Funny sh!t and good times.

I did one in Okinawa. I did both at Parris Island. I had a great time at both. SSGT. Francisco.

Thread Information