Baby Blue Marines
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Baby Blue Marines

Marines;

Recently saw a sappy movie made in the 70's titled "Baby Blue Marines" Can any old salts verify that if you were discharged during boot camp in WW2, they sent you home in a baby blue uniform, think dungarees. Just curious!

Dan

I seen the smae movie in the 70's. yes I believe it is true. medal of honor winner swaps uniforms if I remember right.

Yes. you were issued blue fatigues. The chitbird is mugged by a MOH winner who do's not want to go back to his unit. Assbag pulls the wool over the eyes of a whole town.

Credits
    Savings
    Correct. The MOH holder was a young Richard Gere made up to look much older, back from combat etc!!! Yes, you've seen the movie lol!!!!. Not much to watch but a Jan Michael Vincent in his pre-drinking days and some beautiful mountain scenery. Thanks for the input

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Jan-Michael Vincent played Marion Hedgepath.. and it was a Navy Cross......

Credits
    Savings
    I stand corrected! You are right, it was the Navy Cross. I remember that now from the conversation the girls parents had re. Marion and their daughter and her innocence and his "combat" experience. What I enjoyed was the mountain scenery. I'll have to go over to IMDB and look up the filming locations. Most likely Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    Marines;

Recently saw a sappy movie made in the 70's titled "Baby Blue Marines" Can any old salts verify that if you were discharged during boot camp in WW2, they sent you home in a baby blue uniform, think dungarees. Just curious!

Dan
    Hey DAN,where did you see that flick,TV,DVD,TAPE ????
    I'd like to see it......

Credits
    Savings
    I saw it here on a local TV station in Virginia. Looking back it wasn't all that bad. I watched the whole darn thing so I guess I can't complain. Gere was only in the movie for about two minutes, Jan-Michael carried it the rest of the way even down to the WW2 boonies!!! Check on Netflicks, "Baby Blue Marine" Good luck, I hope you find it!

I saw it here on a local TV station in Virginia. Looking back it wasn't all that bad. I watched the whole darn thing so I guess I can't complain. Gere was only in the movie for about two minutes, Jan-Michael carried it the rest of the way even down to the WW2 boonies!!! Check on Netflicks, "Baby Blue Marine" Good luck, I hope you find it!

Credits
    Savings
    Did quick look at your profile, damn straight Marine "The D.I." " with Jack Webb. In Navy parlance a 4.0 movie!!! Don Dubbins was great as the screwup boot, if I recall. Hope you find "Baby Blue Marine" You know, the more I think about it the more I liked it. Must be sign of getting older !!!!

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ....GENTLEMEN....didn't know there was a contest to WIN a Medal of Honor.....how do I enter the sweepstakes??????......MARINES?????.....

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    I stand corrected! You are right, it was the Navy Cross. I remember that now from the conversation the girls parents had re. Marion and their daughter and her innocence and his "combat" experience. What I enjoyed was the mountain scenery. I'll have to go over to IMDB and look up the filming locations. Most likely Colorado
    Filming took place near Mt Shasta, Northern California near the Oregon border.. filmed near an open camping area.....

Credits
    Savings
    Did a search of both Netflix and Amazon. It's not out on DVD, I guess. Might be an old VHS copy out there somewhere.

I never saw the movie. I would like to see it so if any one knows if it is on vhs or dvd let me know ok. Thnaks. SSGT. Francisco..

Hi!! I know this is an old message from you, Glen Allen, Virigina...you had a message wondering where the filming locations of Baby Blue Marine was. I just wanted to tell you that I was born and raised in a small town; in Northern Ca..I was living there when they filmed this movie with Jan Michael Vincent. This movie was filmed in Northern Ca...in Weed, Mt. Shasta and McCloud, Ca. The beautiful mountain is Mount Shasta...and yes its a beautiful mountain. As far as Colorado...Nope! It was not filmed there at all. This movie was out in 1976 and filmed in 1975..I actually met Jan Michael Vincent..it was a pretty cool thing to have this movie filmed in my home town. Just wanted to let you know!!!! From me!!

Thread Information