Looking for Help or Advice - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by temarti View Post
    Good deal, sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders, everyone makes mistakes in life, the successful ones don't look back.
    Thank you Sir for your encouragement

An Update:

Today while I was at work something interesting happened. I was talking to the general manager of the location I was at and he introduced me to the congresswoman of that district. After talking with her she feels compelled to help me out. She thinks that my plan to create a paper trail shows that I am a morally good person is a good idea and she is going to write letters of recomendation to MCRC and give me one to put in my file with other letters from some Marines who are also writing similar letters. I am also doing community service and keeping those hours logged and in the same file.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    You've done all you can do.

Writing the President will get you nothing. You tried the Senator route (which was also, as you discovered, a waste of time, but at least you got to see the system in action).

It's not happenin. Now, it *might* happen in a year or so. Recruiting trends change like the tides. Your best bet is to continue college, and check with the RS about every six months or so.

Needless to say, you also need to stop doing stupid things, (or, rather, don't do any more), stay away from dope, and stay in school. Be a good citizen.

Hard words, but that's just the way it is.
    Yes Sir. That is my plan

Thread Information