Husband not able to go active. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Haileyjewel, I'm so glad that things are going to work out for you! Let us know how it all plays out, especially when you find out where your hubs' first duty station will be!

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    If your husband is prior service and was discharged, he has to have a reup code on his DD214 like AAV Crewchief said.
    I will ask him. Thanks.

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    If your husband is prior service and was discharged, he has to have a reup code on his DD214 like AAV Crewchief said.
    He said that it is 1A

Shouldn't be an issue for him, then.

I currently have a wife and 2 young girls. I enlisted this past thursday and yes I had to get a waiver and I could only go reserves. As for the waiver it was a tough one. I had to fill out a financial statement and had to stay at meps for 2 full days waiting for it to clear, but it did. Im just glad it did. As far as getting waivers my Marine liason did say it was very difficult to get one if you have dependents. He said the reason being is because while your away at recruit training you will get paid but only you can touch the money and can hardly send any home. He and my recruiter said the Marine Corps want to make sure your wife can keep up with bills and leave comfortably for three months. They dont wont your spouse calling command in the middle of recruit training Bi***** how she cant pay bills and is going tosoup kitchens to make it. Im by far not a Marine yet but I have experienced the Waiver issue and it suked. I hoped I helped some

Thread Information