MCL National Northeast Div. Conf. - Scranton, PA - Guest speaker~~Gen Gray - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'll be sure to thank my brother for you. And thank you for your service, Cmdr.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I love the General's jacket. He always was one for the cammies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    I love the General's jacket. He always was one for the cammies.
    My brother liked his jacket too.
    Gen Gray is the only Commandant to have his official Commandant portrait taken in cammies.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Lisa

One of the Senators from my state of Virginia is Jim Webb. While SECNAV, Sen. Webb pushed and pushed hard for the General's appointment as Commandant. He knew that Gen Gray was the man for the job.

I'd like your permission to send Sen. Webb the link to your post. Not that we are on speaking terms but I know he reads his email. If you could grant me permission I think he'd get a kick out of seeing the General back "home" amongst his Marines. And to be honest I think Jim Webb would have loved to been there!!!!

I won't send without your permission

Dan

Great stuff, Lisa. I can't see the pics from work but will try and get a chance to look at them tomorrow.

Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    Lisa

One of the Senators from my state of Virginia is Jim Webb. While SECNAV, Sen. Webb pushed and pushed hard for the General's appointment as Commandant. He knew that Gen Gray was the man for the job.

I'd like your permission to send Sen. Webb the link to your post. Not that we are on speaking terms but I know he reads his email. If you could grant me permission I think he'd get a kick out of seeing the General back "home" amongst his Marines. And to be honest I think Jim Webb would have loved to been there!!!!

I won't send without your permission

Dan
    Not a problem, go ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Great stuff, Lisa. I can't see the pics from work but will try and get a chance to look at them tomorrow.

Semper Fi!
    Sent you an email!

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you, will do

Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    Thank you, will do
    You're Welcome!

Commandant of Commandants

I always liked General Gray when he first became Commandant he suggested doing away with the old pft and doing something similar to the new course.He said we aren't breeding Marines to run away we should be breeding them for strength to stay and fight then carry any wounded back when they are done.That is a picture to cherish WMARINE .Did the Khaki shirt issue come up at all it all you hear in Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCM38A1
    .Did the Khaki shirt issue come up at all it all you hear in Ohio.
    The Khaki shirt issue did come up during the afternoon meeting on Saturday and I highly doubt that MCL members will be wearing that shirt again, and I do have to agree with what was said about not wearing it. We have middle aged to older Marines who just don't comply with the uniform standards of wearing the Khaki shirt.....a bit round in the middle, longer hair, beards and so on. While we are all Marines til the day we die, some retired Marines in the MCL just don't look good wearing the Khaki shirt anymore. That's a uniform that should only be worn by Marines on active duty or being a reservist, not by retired Marines who are in the MCL and are overweight and not groomed to Marine Corps standards.

Credits
    Savings
    Lisa

Sent a link to Senator Webb with your photos. Ever try contacting a member of Congress? DON'T!! the questions are incredible. If I hear back from Sen Webb I will post. Thank you again for sharing those great photos and giving me the permission to forward them

Now from the sublime to the ridiculous. I try to hang back and offer advice to potential officers etc but I was stupid enough to step into the sh$t storm re. the recruit who was worried about transportation problems. I sent him two PM's explaining that he is getting the best advice possible and that he should walk away and get ready to ship. Don't think I did much good

Dan

Never tried contacting a Senator...lol...and hopefully I won't have to.
    Glad you liked the pictures!

As for the young man you're talking about, it's nice to ask those types of questions and get a general idea of what to expect $$$ wise, but it's something he has to leave up to the ones who do that for a living.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    On General Grays lapel....under the American/USMC colors pin is the Life Member of the Beirut Veterans of America pin....he was 2nd MARDIV CG when that happened in Lebanon in 1983....Great man!

Great pictures Lisa...as Rocky said....nice smile!

How can those poolees perceive you as being mean?

Thanks for letting me know what that pin is on Gen Grays lapel. My brother and I were trying to figure that one out today.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper
    How can those poolees perceive you as being mean?

Thread Information