Saluting in a beanie/watch cap
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Saluting in a beanie/watch cap

Good morning Marines!

I have personally read the order, but cannot seem to find it anymore. The order states that in garrison, you are still required to salute in a watch cap/beanie. If anyone knows the order number, it would be a great service to the discussion some fellow Marines and I were having this morning. There wasn't really much of a point or desired outcome, but it's just one of those things that I'd like to have the official word on. Knowledge is power.
    - Rich

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    hahaha i was thinking about this exact thing a few days ago

Credits
    Savings
    i am not 100 percent sure but we have been told not to here at supply school by the SDNCO

Are we in the Army now? Geez!

Well, thank you to those who responded, guess I'll just have to find out next time I randomly see the order. Haha.
    - Rich

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What the H*ll is a Beanie???

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    What the H*ll is a Beanie???

Semper Fi,
    Rocky
    Stocking Cap, Snow Cap, Head Condom

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    Stocking Cap, Snow Cap, Head Condom
    Oh, OK Ben.
    Thanks Bro .
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Sailors do since it's one of our service covers for cold climates and yes we did salute while wearing them, but I only ever saw 1 Marine wear a watch cap/beanie when I was still at Great Mistakes. I'd imagine if you can wear it as an authorized cover in-garrison then you must be required to salute all Warrant/Commisioned Officers when the situation arises.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If it's Authorized, I Agree!!! A Cover is a Cover!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    If it's Authorized, I Agree!!! A Cover is a Cover!!!
    Yep if your in garrison, and have it on your grape. The proper salute, and greeting of the day should follow

Since when have beanies been approved for wear anywhere but the field. We couldn't even wear beanies when we were in iraq let alone in garrison stateside.

Most likely if your wearing the watch cap, its cold and nasty outside, and if your on watch guarding then you would challenge first then render a salute when appropriate.

Or my current situation... I am currently deployed in Kabul Afghanistan on the ISAF HQ base. The base rule is no cover requiered for US personal and salute all General Officers. (there are over twenty including Gen McChrystal, he made these rules) There are not many Marines here, and right after that order was put out, the senior Marine on base stated all Marines will continue to wear a cover due to the saluting rule. Given our sh!ty weather, the watch cap is a nice choice. I personally don't wear it because saluting in a beanie doesn't feel right.
    (neither does saluting in a war zone)

Thread Information