Referrals
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Referrals

Cool Referrals

I've been asking around everyone I know to see if they want to or have friends that want to join the Marine Corps, as I need two referrals to get promoted apparently.

Anyone else doing this? What are your techniques?

So far there is one person that is 90% going to sign up that I referred, and I got a few that are 50%...

And does anyone know any more things you can receive for referring more people? Like I heard a backpack or something of that nature at one point, but I do not know the specifics.

yea ive been having a hard time finding referrals too. Everyone in my town wants to join the army. But my rss is giving out hoodies and stuff like that for referrals

Quote Originally Posted by scarver007 View Post
    yea ive been having a hard time finding referrals too. Everyone in my town wants to join the army. But my rss is giving out hoodies and stuff like that for referrals

There's so many misinformed people.. it's just... amazing. The problem with my area is that most people are brainwashed into thinking that if they go to college that equals automatic success in life. Thing is, they don't realize the costs of anything, and are really just going by what their parents (and school system) have told them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
    There's so many misinformed people.. it's just... amazing. The problem with my area is that most people are brainwashed into thinking that if they go to college that equals automatic success in life. Thing is, they don't realize the costs of anything, and are really just going by what their parents (and school system) have told them.
    Thats how it is here no matter how bad alot of people i know do in college they keep trying to finish it because they think it will mean an automatic ticket to a good job but all they are doing is racking up student loan debt, its ridiculous

Thats how it is here no matter how bad alot of people i know do in college they keep trying to finish it because they think it will mean an automatic ticket to a good job but all they are doing is racking up student loan debt, its ridiculous
    Aye, that's what my idiot sister did, she ended up owing 10 thousand plus in loans and such... and now she's working as a waitress!

I've been having a lot of trouble getting referrals. I've been in DEP for 6 months and I've not gotten any referrals. I got one person that was going to maybe join, but had a DUI and couldn't join. I live in the mountains of North Carolina so my pool to choose from is limited. I've posted asking for referrals in my facebook status, asked around my high school (around 400 people), talked to friends (the majority of my high school) and I've had only 1 person consider it.

So needless to say, I need some tips!

Maybe this will help?

Mledford: I guess all I can say is keep at it. A lot of people who sign up were for sure "No's" at first. The people who go home and look at Marines.com because you talked to them are the ones that start to get a feeling inside about the corps. So just keep bothering them! That's what the recruiters do!

Yonkers: Let them know about the truly amazing amount of ways to go to college while in or after being in the Marine Corps. I'd be willing to bet some people are just ignorant of the fact that there's far more then just the GI Bill. Especially mention the MECEP program, that got me pretty stoked.
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marinetrng/a/mcecp.htm

I've gotten got two referrals for the promotion, and my recruiter owes me two more when I get back from Boot Camp. (So I've technically gotten four total). What I did was invite them to a no obligation PT session that my RSS holds every week. The fellow poolees at my station and I showed them what being a potential Marine was like. To say the least, We put a hurting on them. So basically, show them how tough even the less than recruits are, then they'll see what the Marines are made of.

Sorry for the long post guys, hope this helps!
    -Duke!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
    Aye, that's what my idiot sister did, she ended up owing 10 thousand plus in loans and such... and now she's working as a waitress!
    college isn't like high school. you can't skate by and get good grades. you have to work your ass off to get a serious degree and you must amass a great amount of knowledge to make it through. idiots aren't the ones who make it through college bud. she chose to take a risk in her own way - not everybody wants to join the military where you get food, housing, clothes, and a steady paygrade. we're nothing special for having taken a physical at MEPS and having been deemed satisfactory for service. i went into college with 12 credits and i got 41 by the end of my first year, which got me the same promotion that referrals get you - i'd say the Marines value education as well.

You just gotta talk to people a lot about it, I have like 4 referalls lol

Quote Originally Posted by KChap12 View Post
    You just gotta talk to people a lot about it, I have like 4 referalls lol
    Agreed!

3 people who filled out the starting paper work then quit and 2 others who weren't man enough to go through with it.. No contract PFC for me..

Hopefully referred my first person yesterday, my recruiter gave me a bunch of information pamphlets for me to show people when I'm trying to get them. Hurray

Update: I hopefully got a couple of referrals today. My recruiter came to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Mledford View Post
    Update: I hopefully got a couple of referrals today. My recruiter came to school.
    Your lucky that you'r still in school and get to talk to different people everyday. I have been out of high school for 2 years so everyone i know is balls deep in college

Your lucky that you'r still in school and get to talk to different people everyday. I have been out of high school for 2 years so everyone i know is balls deep in college
    I feel that! It can get tricky to find people when they're all really close to graduating college.

Thread Information