All Faith Lost in the Army...1st Sikh Officer - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ya know what the best part of this thread is, I'm laughing my butt off. Other than that, whatever its the Army!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post
    Seeing women wear large hair setups with a Kevlar is funny enough
    LOL, there was one girl in MCT with me that had to wear the kevlar BACKWARDS WITH the cover inside because it wouldn't fit over her bun.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by artypig View Post
    This is complete and utter BS! The complain about tatoos and other things that are meaningless yet this turd gets to do it because of his faith?? Why not let the Jewish folks wear their yamikas instead of a cover? In my opinion the only thing this turd is good for is to punch the bore of a 155mm howitzer!

I did attend the wedding once of a Jewish Marine friend and I wore a yarmulke while wearing Alphas (I was asked to wear it only during the service - it was OK to take it off for the reception). I didn't see the problem as I was indoors and it was black, so it blended OK with the uniform, and it was temporary. The other Marines attending did the same. The groom wore a tuxedo to avoid the uniform issue as he was Jewish and expected to wear it all night.

Quote Originally Posted by GSEMarine94 View Post
    This is a little misleading, to be DC in the Army you must be licensed, either as a Dr. RN, etc.Also not all professionals are allowed to be DC, I am an Engineering officer with two degrees both of them professional, yet had to attend OCS.
    My mistake, Navy and guard DCs guys with their PE licenses.

I know that we had to shave every day and the ones that could not do to med. reasons were med. discharged out. So like you said its the Army. Hay I also saw the army leave their men behind for dead or the dead behind to save their own ases. In other words fu*ck the Army. SSGT. Francisco.

You will never see The Marine Corps leave there dead , that i can promise you..

Do you think any one in the Army actually noticed? They are wearing different hats every week-ball caps, utility covers and berets. What's next--beenies?

Quote Originally Posted by Garyius View Post
    My mistake, Navy and guard DCs guys with their PE licenses.
    ?? I'm in the Guard, might be a state thing as my state will not DC guys with their PE. But it wouldn't matter as I have an engineering degree but am only licensed as an architect (AIA).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hood View Post
    Do you think any one in the Army actually noticed? They are wearing different hats every week-ball caps, utility covers and berets. What's next--beenies?
    The Army does issue beenies for the cold weather PT gear, I'd have to check but I do think it can be worn if the base command allows.

Edit: I meant to say that the beenie may be worn with the ACU uniform if the base commander allows it.

Apparently in some Military units, uniformity & cohesion are not fundamentally important.

Back in the late 1970's, and early 1980's, when I served, I liked the many different Airforce squadron ball caps they wore in uniform.

I don't see what the issue is! Long hair doesn't make you a bad warrior...Don't fall into this trend of believing that shaving and a fresh haircut suddenly grants you powers.

?? I'm in the Guard, might be a state thing as my state will not DC guys with their PE. But it wouldn't matter as I have an engineering degree but am only licensed as an architect (AIA).
    F those AIA Contracts. Indemnifies the architect to high heaven but leaves the contractor's ass to the wind. But seriously, the A201 and such are interesting. I'm looking at it from a construction managers perspective. I will be graduating soon and all through school, the professors make it out to seem like the architect has it out for the contractor and vise versa, and then we have an AIA architect teaching our Construction Contracts and Documents class and everything he says it opposite. Oh, such are the ways of life.

Quote Originally Posted by irizavrima View Post
    I don't see what the issue is!

GAS GAS GAS!!!!!

oh ****..... i'm ****ed

Quote Originally Posted by RYDERKUR View Post
    F those AIA Contracts. Indemnifies the architect to high heaven but leaves the contractor's ass to the wind. But seriously, the A201 and such are interesting. I'm looking at it from a construction managers perspective. I will be graduating soon and all through school, the professors make it out to seem like the architect has it out for the contractor and vise versa, and then we have an AIA architect teaching our Construction Contracts and Documents class and everything he says it opposite. Oh, such are the ways of life.
    The main thing to remember when dealing with contracts is that they are all written by lawyers.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The main thing to remember when dealing with contracts is that they are all written by lawyers.
    For the benefit of other lawyers.

Thread Information