Infantry MOS
Create Post

Thread: Infantry MOS

Infantry MOS

Morning Marines.

As it stands for me right now I have too wait to be sworn in. When I was 15 I gauged my ears and did not understand consequences, But I am currently working towards rectifying that mistake by working for the money to pay for earlobe repair and be able to swear in. My parents do not have the means to pay and it was my own mistake anyway and my own responsibility. As soon as I get that done I am enlisting as Infantry.

My question is for marines who served or serve in Infantry, I know the reasons why I want to go infantry. But what were your reasons? What were your thoughts about it once you were in it? And was it what you expected?

Thank you Marines for taking the time.

If you use the search bar, I'm sure you'll see that the topic of infantry has been talked about many times with Marines giving their views on being infantry.
    Also, when using the word Marines, it will be capitalized at all times.

There's a young man who posted in this thread (Question about making car payment while in boot camp) about having the earlobe surgery done.
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=91708

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    If you use the search bar, I'm sure you'll see that the topic of infantry has been talked about many times with Marines giving their views on being infantry.
    Also, when using the word Marines, it will be capitalized at all times.

There's a young man who posted in this thread (Question about making car payment while in boot camp) about having the earlobe surgery done.
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=91708
    Thank you Marine. I Apologize for not using the proper capitalization.

And wow $4000.00???? I got a quote for 350-650.

My main reason for going infantry...I wanted to be the best of the best...and shoot guns....

I am an 0331. first let me say I love being a GRUNT and wouldnt trade it for the world. I loved SOI, you shoot ALOT. But I will go ahead and say that the infantry is probably not what you think it is going to be. You WILL go through some hard times, and ALOT of humping. Being in the infantry is not like call of duty or any other video game. Look up modern warfare 3 and that is alot more realistic than anything else. That is a fake game but look it up on youtube, it is pretty accurate.

Thank you Marines.
    I Understand it will be hard, probably harder than I can imagine at this point. But I also feel it is what I am meant to do, Because in my mind all other parts of the Marines are for helping Infantry get the job done. So I figure Ill be a Grunt.

Yeah modern warfare 3 was badass.

Once again, Thank you Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Personnally I think that any sort of ear rings are for girls only. Your girl friend might think it is cool but really it looks kinda dennis rodman to me. As far as getting a hole big enough to walk around with a vienna sausage sticking in each ear ... well that is just gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Personnally I think that any sort of ear rings are for girls only. Your girl friend might think it is cool but really it looks kinda dennis rodman to me. As far as getting a hole big enough to walk around with a vienna sausage sticking in each ear ... well that is just gay.
    Sir, I am no fudgepacker like dennis rodmans fairy axx, And resent that implication.
    And my holes are one of my regrets, I have to continue working hard at a crappy job so I can be a 03 MARINE.
    And as far as my Girlfriend goes, yes she liked them but I left her because she wanted me to do construction with her Dad and told me not to be a Marine.
    Thank you Marine for your service for our Country, But not for the Gay & Dennis Rodman comments.
    And You are welcome for all the entertainment, It is fun to bash on forums, I've been there but will not go there here Sir.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Reguardless of rank, status, or experience I prefaced my statement with personnally... meaning that is my personal opinion on the subject. You won't be able to convince me or change my mind on the subject of ear rings and I won't be able to explain to you my thoughts. We could spar about it till it is a 10 page thread and it won't change a thing.

Yes Sir, I agree.
    I think the earing on guys thing is stupid now, But when I was 15 I thought it was cool. I do not think you are gay if you do it.
    I just think It is a very stupid decision that puts you out there to get judged. And with any good job or career you put yourself out there to get judged. I did it four years ago and have regretted it since. I just simply wanted to explain that I am no fairy Sir.
    And I do not mean to spar with you Sir, I agree with you that it is a stupid thing to do.

In my opinion, I think certain people were born to be infantry, and by that I don't mean that they're just natural body slaying studs, but spiritually set up to do it. Ever since I was a little boy I knew I wanted an intense life. I knew civilian life was not how I wanted to spend my years as a young man. I don't know though, it's just a gut feeling I have.

Quote Originally Posted by limestoneman View Post
    In my opinion, I think certain people were born to be infantry, and by that I don't mean that they're just natural body slaying studs, but spiritually set up to do it. Ever since I was a little boy I knew I wanted an intense life. I knew civilian life was not how I wanted to spend my years as a young man. I don't know though, it's just a gut feeling I have.
    I know what you mean, I can't stand the thought of working for comcast or being the manager of crackerbarrel. I need more. I have always felt it. It is the reason my uncle was such a large rolemodel to me (Spec ops)

Thank You Marine.

Earing are for F*GGOTS bottom line.

Thread Information