Boot Camp Year Book Mistake
Create Post

Boot Camp Year Book Mistake

Hello,

I graduated boot camp in july of 2009. I was the guide for my platoon 2045 fox company 2nd battalion. It was a position that i was proud to have and maintain throughout all of boot camp. I was meritoriously promoted and was made platoon honor graduate. A few months after graduation i recieved my two year books (one for me, one for my parents) and they cost me $30. As i scroll through my platoons photos i can't seem to find my picture anywhere. My name is there, but the person in my name space is not me at all. You can only imagine how this wouldve made me feel. My family is just as upset if not more. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do or who to get in touch with? Thanks

Semper Fidelis

All I can say is "bawww"

It's no big deal dude, you know what you've done and what you haven't done...

Those yearbooks are always messed up. Mine has only one picture of me, and I'm hidden off to the side. There are no names associated with any of the pictures.

What I'm trying to say is tough luck. That yearbook company couldn't care less about a recruit, all they care about is profit. Just be grateful you got something to show for your experience.

Yep, Deal with it Marine.
    Mine from 86 is jacked up too. No big'un.
    To many mug shots of me in it.
    Dang near thought I was famous or something.

Smitty

Yearbooks are not correctable. You can order a copy of your platoon photo which should have you as the guide. You can order a DVD copy of your graduation from: Good-To-Go Video
    P.O. Box 996
    Beaufort, SC 29901
    800-889-6734
    This will show you graduating as the guide and honor graduate. This will be more valuable to you and your family than the red book.

For a copy of your Platoon, or graduation photo contact: Recruit Photo MCRD 843/228-7442

Good luck in your search and hope this information helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Native Warrior View Post
    Yearbooks are not correctable. You can order a copy of your platoon photo which should have you as the guide. You can order a DVD copy of your graduation from: Good-To-Go Video
    P.O. Box 996
    Beaufort, SC 29901
    800-889-6734
    This will show you graduating as the guide and honor graduate. This will be more valuable to you and your family than the red book.

For a copy of your Platoon, or graduation photo contact: Recruit Photo MCRD 843/228-7442

the number is 1-843-228-1555 not 7442 thats the Chapel OK.

In a few decades when you dig it out of your crawlspace to show your inlaws, you will enjoy the general experience collage/collections more anyway.
    In mine from 87 those general photos are in color and the platoon numbers on the Sweatshirst dont even match my company. However it described for my mother inlaw what boot camp was like pretty well. That is more important than the one litle black and white shot of me.

I have the dvd so i'll always have that. I kinda knew the responses i was going to get because i was telling myself the same thing all along haha. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me though.

Semper Fidelis

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    P.O. Box 996
    Beaufort, SC 29901
    800-889-6734

Hurricane Ivan ruined nearly every picture I had from my time in the Corps as well as my yearbook too. I was in a lot of the pictures fortunately. Sucks that I cannot get another copy.

Quote Originally Posted by shapsug View Post
    Hello,

I graduated boot camp in july of 2009. I was the guide for my platoon 2045 fox company 2nd battalion. It was a position that i was proud to have and maintain throughout all of boot camp. I was meritoriously promoted and was made platoon honor graduate. A few months after graduation i recieved my two year books (one for me, one for my parents) and they cost me $30. As i scroll through my platoons photos i can't seem to find my picture anywhere. My name is there, but the person in my name space is not me at all. You can only imagine how this wouldve made me feel. My family is just as upset if not more. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do or who to get in touch with? Thanks

Semper Fidelis
    Something that can't be fixed, Carry On.

Quote Originally Posted by AAV Crewchief View Post
    Hurricane Ivan ruined nearly every picture I had from my time in the Corps as well as my yearbook too. I was in a lot of the pictures fortunately. Sucks that I cannot get another copy.
    That would suck big time, Semper Fidelis.

P.O. Box 996
    Beaufort, SC 29901
    800-889-6734

You think they would go back to 1974, oh shoot no DVD's back then?

Thread Information