Marines VS. RANGERS
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marines VS. RANGERS

im 16 and a kid in my school joined the marines, and i got talking to him about it and its what i want to do. im not interested in driving vehicles, or sitting around all the time, i want to fight and be a grunt. but i also know about the army rangers, and they seem like they see alot of action. so i want to here from an experienced marine reasons why i should join the marines vs. joining the army and going through ranger training.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    simple.....TO BE THER BEST

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    ARMY= Ain't Real Marine Yet

How about filling out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions know who they are talking to... And you may also want to read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.

When using the word Marines, it will be capitalized at all times!

Are you fricken kidding me? You're going to ask Marines about whose better?

If you even need to ask, join the Army

Well said SSGT...this little boy is lost.

Well Ssgt, they are pretty darn tight in Call of Duty. I wanna be just like those guys

Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    Are you fricken kidding me? You're going to ask Marines about whose better?

If you even need to ask, join the Army

Man I wish I was a moderator sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    Man I wish I was a moderator sometimes...

?? Doesn't stop me from saying what's on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by murph1 View Post
    im not interested in driving vehicles, or sitting around all the time
    Then don't even think about joining the military.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Earn that Eagle Globe And Anchor BOY,Then become a Young Man,put them Dress Blues On and then Get More AZZ than a Toilet Seat I DID @ Still Do!!!Once One Always One S/F That... Jack.AKA.JODY

Earn the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and then go Recon. Ranger school is only one of many high speed schools you will attend. Best of both worlds.

I have done some operations with Rangers, and I believe they are a solid group of guys, probably one of the only respectable aspects of the army. One thing you need to know is that Rangers are a special forces group and consist of only approximately 2000 members in a force that numbers approximately 1,000,000. So they make up about .2% of the army so good luck getting in. Even though they are the elite of the army and are more highly trained than most Marines with the exception of Recon, MARSOC, etc, they still lack the mentality of Marines, which is what makes us the most ferocious, and feared fighting force on earth. Its not that we just know how to fight battles well(just like the army), its the fact that we want to get in there and rip the enemies head off and drink their blood, and eat their children or either die trying. THAT is what distinguishes us from the other branches. Its our tenacious nature, and it is beaten into every Marine regardless of MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Socal2361 View Post
    I have done some operations with Rangers, and I believe they are a solid group of guys, probably one of the only respectable aspects of the army. One thing you need to know is that Rangers are a special forces group and consist of only approximately 2000 members in a force that numbers approximately 1,000,000. So they make up about .2% of the army so good luck getting in. Even though they are the elite of the army and are more highly trained than most Marines with the exception of Recon, MARSOC, etc, they still lack the mentality of Marines, which is what makes us the most ferocious, and feared fighting force on earth. Its not that we just know how to fight battles well(just like the army), its the fact that we want to get in there and rip the enemies head off and drink their blood, and eat their children or either die trying. THAT is what distinguishes us from the other branches. Its our tenacious nature, and it is beaten into every Marine regardless of MOS.
    Very well said. The guys I have talked to who have worked with the rangers put them and their training about on par with Recon. They are however SOCOM funded, thus receive a lot more money and better toys than we do.

As we like to say, Ranger is just another school we go to

Thread Information