How can I distinguish Officer and Non-officer from their service uniform?
Create Post

How can I distinguish Officer and Non-officer from their service uniform?

Someone told me to notice the box pocket,coz the style is different.

In the attachment,I post one pic about the box pocket

So anybody can help me to solve it???

Thanx

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 03-16-10 at 07:00 PM.

Service Uniform? Charlies? Bravos? Alphas? One sure shot way is the shiny stuff on their collar...but there other less visible ways to tell and officer from an enlisted Marine.

The enlisted coat has the box pocket tapered down and is stitched to the jacket, and the officer pocket does not. On the trousers there is a thin piping along both rear pocket flaps. The easiest way to tell is the price. Enlisted trousers, 45.00, Officer 90.00 and the same with the coat.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG0369 View Post
    The enlisted coat has the box pocket tapered down and is stitched to the jacket, and the officer pocket does not. On the trousers there is a thin piping along both rear pocket flaps. The easiest way to tell is the price. Enlisted trousers, 45.00, Officer 90.00 and the same with the coat.

Thank u,I take our dear commandant to make a show...

see his box pocket,and I wonder why marine use this way to make a distinguish officer and Enlisted from each other,and someone know when this difference become the regulation????

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 03-16-10 at 07:00 PM.

up!

anyone help me to make clear...

The pockets on the officer's green blouse are called "bellows pockets." During WW-II both enlisted and officer uniforms had them. I think when the Marine Corps did away with the greens made out of Kersey wool (they were much greener in color too), the officer's blouse retained the bellow pockets and the enlisted blouses had the pockets stitched directly to the jacket shell. I'm not sure why they did this, although it is probably cheaper and easier to made the blouse without bellows pockets.

Besides the bellow pockets you can look under the belt on the left hand side of the blouse. An officer's blouse will have a small slit in that area, which is there to permit the mounting of a sword scabbard. Enlisted blouses will not have this slit.

you learn something new everyday!!

Thread Information