husband graduates MOS in 3 days? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    As far as I know, if you get stationed overseas. It's unaccompanied for one year and accompanied for 3 years. I'm almost positive that rank wasn't an issue and I went in the Corps in 2002. However, it could vary by MOS maybe. In fact, my wife and kids were allowed to live with me in 29 Palms while I was in MOS school. We had base housing and everything. Normally, that's not allowed...but our MOS school was a special case because our school lasted close to a year, so they allowed us to have POVs and dependents. That's the new Corps for you. lol Note: My MOS school was Electronics Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    What color is your expired ID?

Its gold/white

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    You can be stationed overseas... maybe for your MOS it's not as likely but there's tons of married folks over here, including E2-E3 (and I'm sure the occasional private). It'd be an accompanied tour, 3 years long. Base housing would pretty much be mandatory.

Are you serious?? If he goes overseas i can go with him now?? He is a PFC right now. i'm seriously worrying myself to death that they'll send him overseas and i wont get to live with him again for 2 more years. Its been almost a year already we've been apart!

Don't start getting all worked up when you don't even know yet. Just hope for the best and stop worrying so soon. Orders can be changed or modified.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Tango Victor, I saw this far too many times and the wife and kids stay in a hotel all day and the husband is checking in. For the first two weeks, he will be running all over checking in and will have very little time to look for housing (off base)while hes checking in, he can apply for base housing, but there is a lot to do in the first couple of weeks. You will want to hang tight and let him settle in and get you enrolled in deers and have all of the paperwork settled first. Not to be mean but there is no way of telling where hes going so there is no point until he gets his orders to start anything.

Excellent advice. Let him get settled, Wife. I know it's been a long time, but just hang in there a few more weeks. Then after being a Marine wife for a year or so, you'll be ready to kick his ass out on deployment.

Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    Excellent advice. Let him get settled, Wife. I know it's been a long time, but just hang in there a few more weeks. Then after being a Marine wife for a year or so, you'll be ready to kick his ass out on deployment.
    omg never lol. i wish he would never deploy.

thanks everyone for the help. i'm just sorting all our stuff and getting rid of clothes and things we dont want to bring with us and throwing things away we dont need or want. less baggage that way.

Good Luck, Jennifer. Let us know where you get stationed.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WifeInL0v3 View Post
    omg i hope not ft sill lol he spent 4 months there, 3 of those months just spent waiting for classes to start. i visited him there twice we both dont like that place lol.

i am NOT on deers we've been trying to get on with no success??? do i need to do that somehow before we move?

You aren't on DEERS and you've been married to him since he joined the Corps or am I not interpreting things correctly here?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    Yeah, I've met lots of Marine wives like you...ship ain't over the horizon and you are already at the Thunderbird in Jax.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WifeInL0v3 View Post
    Are you serious?? If he goes overseas i can go with him now?? He is a PFC right now. i'm seriously worrying myself to death that they'll send him overseas and i wont get to live with him again for 2 more years. Its been almost a year already we've been apart!
    Marines should not get married until they make Sgt.

Quote Originally Posted by AAV Crewchief View Post
    Yeah, I've met lots of Marine wives like you...ship ain't over the horizon and you are already at the Thunderbird in Jax.
    I was never married. I was having too much fun! Why buy the pig when all you want is a little sausage.

I was married to him two years BEFORE he joined, thank you

Gotta agree with you. I tell my son he can't get married until he's 30.

Thread Information