Do you think that the recruitment boom will end soon?
Create Post

Do you think that the recruitment boom will end soon?

Hello Marines. I know that recruitment has been skyrocketing for the Marine Corps, supposedly due to the economy and unemployment rates. I also have heard that the Infantry MOS field is well packed, to the point that my local recruiter can only sign on 1 person to 0300 each month. Does anybody know or think that this pattern is going to end any time soon or will it be for awhile?

I understand that the recruitment levels probably won't reduce until the economy gets better. But I was also wondering if anybody knew why 0300 has become so popular. Does this sort of pattern happen often with all different fields and 0300 just happens to be currently getting the attention? Or is there some other reason why so many people currently want Infantry?

Billions are available in educational grants and obama wants to bump it up. Military recruiters may be accepting more clients soon enough

The reason everyone wants 03 field is because they all want to see "action" and they think combat is glamorous from all the movies they have watched, that is until they finally get it.

When people join the Corps, they pretty much assume that they are going to be deployed on the front line, so we have traditionally had a lot of requests for the infantry MOS's. As far as recruiting goes, enlistment missions have remained lower than normal, largely due to the economy (no one wants to get out, everyone wants to get in).

Quote Originally Posted by Socal2361 View Post
    The reason everyone wants 03 field is because they all want to see "action" and they think combat is glamorous from all the movies they have watched, that is until they finally get it.
    I can definitely see how that would cause popularity in the infantry field. There are lots of kids at my high school who think that life as a soldier is just like playing call of duty. I've done lots of research into life as an infantryman and what I've found tells me that it mostly consists of going on patrols and standing at guard posts. Needless to say, these kids don't listen to me when I tell them that...

Thank you for the response!

I'm sorry but if someone joined the Marine Corps because of the economy...they joined for the WRONG reason, especially infantry...

Thread Information