Awards Question
Create Post

Thread: Awards Question

Awards Question

I'm at a school without any sort of admin or S-1 I can go to for this... one of my buddies called me and told me my old unit 24th MEU BLT 1/6 was awarded a Navy Meritorious Unit Commendfor when I was with 1/6 in Afghanistan two years ago. I don't have any sort of IPAC type place to go to, how can I get this added to my MOL? I have to wear my Service Charlies next week, if this award is not on my MOL even though I meet all the criteria for it and do infact rate it, am I still allowed to wear it?

Where can I find the official order stating which units got this award?

Thanks

http://www.marines.mil/news/messages...IN0514-09.aspx

(2) I MARINE EXPEDITIONARY FORCE (FORWARD) 28FEB06-09FEB07
    (MOD TO MARADMIN 320/09)
    ADDITIONAL UNIT FOR INCLUSION:
    1ST BN, 6TH MAR, 2D MARDIV
    3D BN, 8TH MAR, 2D MARDIV

look up NAVMC 2922 and find your unit. Also, if it was just recently awarded look a recent MARADMINS the subject you'll want is "Awards Update"

Once you find the award in either the NAVMC or the MARADMIN, take a copy of that and your pg 3 (The one that show what units you were in and when you were there) to S-1 and they'll hook you up.

I wouldn't wear it until you get admin to give you the thumbs up. Then again, if you know for a fact you do rate it, you could always wear it to speed up the process a bit if your chain of command wants to pitch a fit over it.

That says 28FEB06-09FEB07... not when I was in Afghan in 2008? Is that correct or?

Quote Originally Posted by Accord View Post
    That says 28FEB06-09FEB07... not when I was in Afghan in 2008? Is that correct or?
    Sorry, I am still stuck in '08, when I read that you "deployed two years ago" I thought 2006. If the deployment was in 2008 that is not the award you are looking for. For example, that MARADMIN includes my deployment (3/8) which took place Mar 2006 though Oct 2006.

You said it was while you were a BLT correct? In that case the only thing I turned up with a quick search was a NUC for BLT 1/6 with 24 MEU in 1999.

I am not totally up on this award finding thing, I just go to usmc.mil, click advanced search and the top, and check the MARADMINS box; maybe you can find it by searching for the MEU instead of your BN I don't know.

Last edited by 00101010; 03-14-10 at 11:37 PM. Reason: grammer

If you go to MARADMIN Active Number: 211/10 It says that the 24th MEU and blt 1/6 rates the Meritorious Unit Commedation. I'm not sure exactly what you need to give to the admin guys but good luck.

-messina 1/6 hard

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have a simillar situation, i left the marines in '98 and now im back in the service but in the ARMY (yeah i know, but the corps wouldnt take me back). My question is how do i look up past awards for the unit. i was in 1/1 with 13th and 15th meu from '94 thru '98. Please help.

The uniform section has the most current NAVMC as a sticky. Moved to there.

I weep for what this country is becoming, and fear for my children and grandchildren's future if any more democrats gain national office. We lose more and more freedoms every single day to creeping nannystatism and those who vote for Democrats only want to increase that. Anyone voting for a 'dem' is someone who likely wants to take everything YOU have worked for and mortgage your kids future as well.
    v/r
    The Malignant Leprechaun

How random is it that I would find another person from 3/8, AND they were in Ramadi the same time I was? Thanks for the info about the order I would have never known that if I didnt stumble upon this post.

Thread Information