Camp Lejeune 1966
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Camp Lejeune 1966

Wondering if anyone knows a Sgt. J. E. Shirghio. He was stationed in Camp Lejeune in 1966.

I received your message-sorry for the late delay-who was your father? I am 1st sgt shirghio.

Sorry it took so long-i am 1st sgt shirghio-who was your father?

Credits
    Savings

Mr. Shirghio:: Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by roxxie View Post
    Sorry it took so long-i am 1st sgt shirghio-who was your father?

That is ok Mr. Shirghio.. My father is Paul Acker... My father was stationed at Camp Lejeune from 1953 to 1977, off and on.. Originally from New York..Can you please tell me if you were ever at Montford Point... around 1966.... My name is Michelle Acker, and if you were their June of 1966, at the pool, I have a picture of you and your wife for that day you saved my life... I drowned at the pool, and you saved me.. I hope that you are the one I am trying to find... I have been seeking you for awhile now, to personally say "Thank You".... Please let me know if this is you... I can send the pic to your email if you like....

I am throughly intrigued right now. :-)

Credits
    Savings

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by egbutler1 View Post
    I am throughly intrigued right now. :-)

Thank you for the comment.... I have, for awhile been trying to find this man... He honorably deserves this recognition... Thank you again

This would be really awesome if he is the right person that you are looking for. To find him after so many years just awesome.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by CPL Nelly View Post
    This would be really awesome if he is the right person that you are looking for. To find him after so many years just awesome.

Thank you CPL Nelly... It would make my day.. from what I know, he just joined Leatherneck.com, and he responded, it truly brought a smile to my face... Thank you again.. I will post the outcome.... Happy Holidays to you...

Credits
    Savings

My Savior!!!! Thank you....

Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0002.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	8943

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by southwest45 View Post

The last name was spelled wrong... it is Acker.... I wanted to acknowledge his good deed after so many years... If you know him, please reply to my post, Thank you all.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by southwest45 View Post
    That is ok Mr. Shirghio.. My father is Paul Acker... My father was stationed at Camp Lejeune from 1953 to 1977, off and on.. Originally from New York..Can you please tell me if you were ever at Montford Point... around 1966.... My name is Michelle Acker, and if you were their June of 1966, at the pool, I have a picture of you and your wife for that day you saved my life... I drowned at the pool, and you saved me.. I hope that you are the one I am trying to find... I have been seeking you for awhile now, to personally say "Thank You".... Please let me know if this is you... I can send the pic to your email if you like....
    You are quite welcome-I'm glad you're doing well. Do you have a family? How is your Dad doing? As you know most marines do their job without thinking of receiving any awards. It just good to know that I could help. I am retired now and remarried so the the pic was good to see. Where are you living now? I am in McKinney Tx with my family. Just to let you know my son is also a retired marine. Keep in touch-was great to hear from you.

Awesome!!! Love stuff like this.

I haven't seen him look like that in a long time! Nice newspaper clipping! I remember reading that award a lot, it has been on Dad's wall for years!

Credits
    Savings
    I am thankful for your father today... He deserves the plaque.. You have a moment to remember now...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by roxxie View Post
    You are quite welcome-I'm glad you're doing well. Do you have a family? How is your Dad doing? As you know most marines do their job without thinking of receiving any awards. It just good to know that I could help. I am retired now and remarried so the the pic was good to see. Where are you living now? I am in McKinney Tx with my family. Just to let you know my son is also a retired marine. Keep in touch-was great to hear from you.

I am, thank you... I do have family.. My husband of 21 years, a son 19 and daughter 17.. My father is struggling with diabetes, and cancer is in remission,but over all doing well thank you.. I hope you are enjoying your retirement, and congratulations on your new marriage.. I am tending to my parents off and on... daddy still thinks he is 20 yrs old, and wants to go, go, go.... I have kept that pic of you for a long time... and swore I would find you or a family member... I cherish it like my family.... I live in Jacksonville, NC still.... I have since 1964... You must be proud of your family.... I think I was talking to your daughter, not for sure... but someone commented on your plague... so I thanked them too... I will keep in touch, and I have a Facebook page, if you would like to see me and my family, dad too... I love him dearly.... I found out 2 years ago though, that he is not my real dad, I was devastated, so now I am trying to find my biological father, not that it matters,,, cause I love my daddy, but daddy said it would be nice... this man was at camp geiger..1962.. that is why I started this other than trying to find you... I thank you again sir,,, you will always be in my heart...Facebook: Michelle Acker Raynor... you can find me... Facebook.com Thank you and take care, I will keep in touch...

Thread Information