Create Post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: DavBlay Final

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    David and I also had a Myspace page also,would You believe Us two Semi Ole Farts having one(LoL)thats where We shared our Love of Music together.I'm gonna keep His page Open so I can Look and See the Pics of Him and His Grandchildren playing together.He had such a Great 'sence of Humor and Joy.He Loved His Family His Marines and His POOLEES.The Sun broke through the Clouds earlier then I KNEW in My Heart that My Marine Buddy David was Alright.Now I'm gonna go Play Elvis "If I Can Dream"our favv.song by Him,that ROCKY so graciously put on the site Thank You ROCKY,Oh and Kim Your a Dam Good Woman for what You did.Semper~Fidelis~Jack
    You got it Brother Jack!!!

Thank you Kim for putting the Flowers together.
    If you need Money sweetness, PM me and I will send some.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You guys are awesome but no need to thank me. I'm only taking care of one of my own. I'll do the same for the rest of you too as long as I know where you are.

For those that have offered money to me to help out - thanks but no need - whatever you would be willing to give me, send to the family.

Semper Fi ya'll!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your a Great Person and a Great Marine Kim!!!
    Will do.
    Thank you Again.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Dave, I really don't know what to say. This is a crushing blow to me. I knew the day would come, but I wished that it wouldn't. You were more than a mentor and a friend. You were everything that anyone could ask for in those, but you were more. You were a brother, a true brother, and you provided many a Marine with the ability and the confidence and the esprit de corps that allowed them to succeed through their demons and their fears. You provided an avenue for others to emulate your success and press through the hardest of all their fears. If there is a time in my life that I have literally been crushed from such a loss, this would be it. This man has been a large part of my success in the Marine Corps as many as you know. I owe him everything I have accomplished and I can only hope that his family knows just how much Dave meant to many of us. I dont know what I am going to do without Dave being there to provide me with an open ear and an honest heart. The world has lost a good man and it is sad that many a Marine will never get the ability to meet him and have a path to success paved by him. Wow...I just dont know what to say. I am crushed. I am truly honored to have known you Dave and know that you have gone peacefully and the pain is over. You were my friend and my brother. Reast In Peace and the most heartfelt Semper Fi to you and your family.

Your friend,
    Mike
    We'll miss you so much Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody View Post
    Dave, I really don't know what to say. This is a crushing blow to me. I knew the day would come, but I wished that it wouldn't. You were more than a mentor and a friend. You were everything that anyone could ask for in those, but you were more. You were a brother, a true brother, and you provided many a Marine with the ability and the confidence and the esprit de corps that allowed them to succeed through their demons and their fears. You provided an avenue for others to emulate your success and press through the hardest of all their fears. If there is a time in my life that I have literally been crushed from such a loss, this would be it. This man has been a large part of my success in the Marine Corps as many as you know. I owe him everything I have accomplished and I can only hope that his family knows just how much Dave meant to many of us. I dont know what I am going to do without Dave being there to provide me with an open ear and an honest heart. The world has lost a good man and it is sad that many a Marine will never get the ability to meet him and have a path to success paved by him. Wow...I just dont know what to say. I am crushed. I am truly honored to have known you Dave and know that you have gone peacefully and the pain is over. You were my friend and my brother. Reast In Peace and the most heartfelt Semper Fi to you and your family.

Your friend,
    Mike
    We'll miss you so much Dave

Mike, I know you were especially close to Dave. Probably the closest any poolee/recruit/young Marine was that I am aware of. We were all honored to know him, either in person or electronically (or by snail mail). Moreover, we were blessed.

My words of advice for all Marines who had been mentored and helped by Dave Blaylock is: Earn This.

My condolences to the Blaylock family......I miss DAVE already......My brother has died and gone to meet his maker....I really felt close to DAVE,although we never personally met.......I,or I should say we,(a few of us were) going to take a trip this spring to visit DAVE and cheer him up....
    We can all breath a sigh of relief for DAVE is now with out pain.........He will never be forgotten,he will always be in our thoughts and his spirit will be here always.......
    SEMPER FI MY BROTHER and GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL
    PS:THANKS KIM.........................Ed

Dave,
    Semper Fi Marine, RIP

To The Blaylock Family,
    I am sorry for your loss. May you find comfort and peace in the cherished memories of your loved one.

Respectfully,
    FJM

I know that I will see at the gates of heaven so guard it well my friend till I can be with you my brother.

My heart goes out to the family and always remember that he is in a place looking over us all.

Credits
    Savings
    It's a sad day to see a brother transfer. Dave, you will be missed.
    When things got particularly rough for Dave I asked him how his relationship with our Father was. He replied, not perfect..but I know Him. It is a time of rejoicing, for Dave has gone home.
    Semper Fi Marine!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Here is what I recieved in my e-mail.

In honor and remembrance of service to his country. 1951-2010 Published: Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:01 PM CST David Wayne Blaylock, 58, passed away March 10, 2010, at his residence in Sparta. Mr. Blaylock was born Aug. 1, 1951, in Sparta, to Bill and Gladys Prater Blaylock. He had served in the U.S. Marine Corps. Mr. Blaylock was also preceded in death by his brother, Ted Blaylock. Survivors include his wife, Wanda Clark Blaylock, of Sparta; David Wayne Blaylock II, of Sparta; three daughters, Michelle Rollins and husband Thomas, of Sparta, Kristy Blaylock, of Sparta, and Amanda Pryor and husband Hunter, of Sparta; sister, Phyllis Henry, of Sparta; three brothers, William (Sonny) Blaylock and wife Geraldine, of Sparta, Gary Blaylock, of Sparta, Larry Blaylock and wife Betsy, of Sparta; two grandchildren, Jacob and Jayden Blaylock; and several nieces and nephews. Funeral service will be 1 p.m., March 13, 2010, at Hunter Funeral Home. Burial will follow in New Bon Air Cemetery, with military honors. Nick Holman will officiate. The family will receive friends after 6 p.m., March 12, at the funeral home. The Veterans Honor Guard will serve as pallbearers. Hunter Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.

When it's written:

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in this world", you can say before our Lord and Saviour, you didn't have that problem, you were a United States Marine.

Semper Fi Marine. . .Thank you for being you.

Rest in Peace...

Dave,

Rest in peace my Brother....
    You put up the good fight and helped so many along the way...I will miss your presence, but I know you're with the Lord now and have no more pain and suffering...

Semper Fidelis Marine....

Dave, my brother, I thank you for being my friend....and I thank you for believing it was worthwhile to get to know me. You were my friend and brother in life and that legacy will live on forever. May you rest in peace and enjoy your ever after in heaven with the honored Marines of old. You truly are one of the great ones....YATAHEY my brother. I will drink to your memory and to our friendship....!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    something....he was borne the same months as me 17 days and two years shy...my dads name was Bill...my moms name was Gladys...

Well you ole fart you beat me to chesty... you and i was always fussing with each other who was gonna get there first.. I know now your no longer in pain and your standing at the gates with chesty. I wont be far behind my ole friend, Rest in peace and we will see each other soon.. Semper Fi

Thread Information