DavBlay Final - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DavBlay Final

Rest in peace Dave, you were a great friend and mentor that always had an encouraging word for the Poolees and I can't thank you enough for the letters you sent me while I was in boot camp. My condolences go out to your family but I'm glad you don't have to fight any more and can truely rest easy.

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    and rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Rest in Peace Dave, Thank you for being a friend.

Semper Fi, Dave.

Rest well, Brother, You earned it.

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Rest in peace Dave, hurt no more, May God carry you home in his arms, and put his hands upon your family and help each one through the pain they are felling. Love and Prayers out to each of you.Glad to call you Friend. SFPURPLROSE

May you Rest In Peace Marine for you have done your time on this earth and there is a better place waiting for you in Heaven. I didn't know Dave but was always glad to read his post to poolees and others on this site as they entered in their trials at boot camp and knowing that he would write them and help them thru their times of difficulties. He will be missed by his family and also his Marine brothers and sisters.Go in Peace and love Cpl.Dave Blay for you have served your time well Marine.Semper Fi till we meet on the other side.

SF Dave ! Nothing short of amazing to see how many lives that you touched.

RIP Dave, keep the gates safe. Semper Fi

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    THE FINAL INSPECTION

The Marine stood and faced God
    Which must always come to pass.
    He hoped his shoes wew shining
    Just as brightly as his brass.
    "Step forward now, you Marine,
    How shall I deal with you?
    Have you always turned the other check?
    To My Church have you been true?"
    The Marine squared his shoulders said,
    "No, Lord, I guess I ain't,
    Because those of us who carry guns
    Can't always be a saint.
    I've had to work most Sundays
    And at times, my talk was tough,
    And sometimes I"ve been violent,
    Because the world is awfully rough.
    But, I never took a penny,
    That wasn't mine to keep...
    Through, I worked a lot of overtime
    When the bills got just too steep,
    And I never passed a cry for help,
    Though, at times I shook with fear,
    And sometimes, God forgive me,
    I've wept unmanly tears.
    I know I don't deserve a place
    Among the people here,
    They never wanted around
    Except to calm their fears.
    If you've a place for me here, Lord,
    It needn't be so grand,
    I never expected or had too much,
    But if you don't, I'll understand."
    There was silence all around the throne
    Where the saints had often trod
    As the Marine waited quietly,
    For the judgment of his God,
    "Step forward now, you Marine,
    You've borne your burdens well,
    Walk peacefully on Heaven's street,
    You've done your time in Hell."

SEMPER FIDELIS

AND WHEN HE GOES TO HEAVEN.......

TO ST. PETER HE WILL TELL, ........

ONE MORE MARINE REPORTING SIR....

I SERVED MY TIME IN HELL......

Rest In Peace Marine........

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It feels really empty not being to say Good Morning to Dave. My heart is sad and empty but I feel relief that Dave isn't suffering anymore.
    This thread show how Once A Marine Always A Marine is true even in death.
    Marines are always there for there brothers.
    I was very proud to have know Dave and wish I would have been able to meet him in person.
    It touches my heart also that Dave had so many friends.
    Hope reading all these tributes about Dave help heal the family and thanks again to Dave's son for letting us know about his passing. To Dave's son you are very welcome on Leatherneck and look forward to talking to you.
    Happy Trails Dave
    Semper Fi Redman

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WoW!
    PB that was good but I couldn't even read it to my wife without tear in my eyes. As all of you I will miss Cpl Dave Blaylock.
    Semper Fi Redman

You Earned your right to walk among the heavens.Rest well Brother Dave Rest well.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    One of Dave's first posts when he came on this site...before he became actively involved in the poolee letter writing was that he was wanting a P-39 can opener (John Wayne).

I had two and I requested his address and sent him one....

From the first day I met him him in posts and PM's since I do not do the chat...he came to this site as a true dignified Marine...

And too read that last post that he typed on his own 12 days before his demise when he was placed on hospice...he left this site as the same dignified Marine with out falter.

ALL Marines touch our hearts and our daily lives.....Dave just had the knack to touch many lives and many hearts with his true Marine presence.

After his Vietnam wound recovery he served his country in the Army until he retired.....but Dave...as he said it himself was always a Marine from day one...and a fine example of a Marine who's foot steps and boots will be hard to be replaced on this earth.

To the Blaylock family...Semper Fidelis....we know not your pain...but our love for Dave is threefold and we as Marines and friends are here you!

Semper Fi Dave! A true Marine's Marine! Just like most others I never had the pleasure of meeting Dave outside of this website. But I feel blessed to have gotten to know him in the small way that I did. RIP brother! To Dave's family....you will remain in my thoughts and prayers and thank you for sharing Dave with us!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    One of Dave's first posts when he came on this site...before he became actively involved in the poolee letter writing was that he was wanting a P-39 can opener (John Wayne).

I had two and I requested his address and sent him one....

From the first day I met him him in posts and PM's since I do not do the chat...he came to this site as a true dignified Marine...

And too read that last post that he typed on his own 12 days before his demise when he was placed on hospice...he left this site as the same dignified Marine with out falter.

ALL Marines touch our hearts and our daily lives.....Dave just had the knack to touch many lives and many hearts with his true Marine presence.

After his Vietnam wound recovery he served his country in the Army until he retired.....but Dave...as he said it himself was always a Marine from day one...and a fine example of a Marine who's foot steps and boots will be hard to be replaced on this earth.

To the Blaylock family...Semper Fidelis....we know not your pain...but our love for Dave is threefold and we as Marines and friends are here you!

Well said Chuck!!!

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My thoughts and prayers are with you little Dave and your family. Your dad inspired all and will not be forgotten. Your dad is in the heavens now watching over all of us and guarding the gates of heaven. "Will miss you MARINE"

Simper Fi to you Brother David

Thread Information