New member of the community
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New member of the community

Hello everyone!

I am 21 years old. I am a pipeline contractor. I enjoy hunting, fishing, water-sports, dirt bikes and exercising. I am 6'0 170. I played lacrosse in high school and hockey at a younger age.

My brother was an 0311 with 3/5 from 05-09, he served two combat tours to Iraq. He has since been honorably discharged and is a Captain in the fire academy in pursuit of his new found passion.

I am interested in joining the Marine Corps and has been in contact with Marine recruiters yet I am reluctant to begin the DEP process due to the fact that I have not found a job nearby and there are jobs opening up at various refineries around the United States.

I would also like to take the time to thank former and current military personnel. Your service is greatly appreciated and you have earned my respect without even saying a word.

If there is a forum operator reading this post, I would like to ask that you please change my title to Poolee/Wannabee so that I may post in the Poolee section.

Thank you all and have a wonderful evening.

Marine Family Free Member SmithAdrian's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You're a Marine Friend/Wannabe Until you dep in...or at least that when I got poolee status...I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed.

Outside of that, welcome to the site, and make sure to read the sticky's as they will answer quite a lot of questions.

Only those who have shipdates to MCRD are poolees. Marines can't even post in the poolee forum.
    You might want to read the rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums also.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SmithAdrian View Post
    You're a Marine Friend/Wannabe Until you dep in...or at least that when I got poolee status...I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed.

Outside of that, welcome to the site, and make sure to read the sticky's as they will answer quite a lot of questions.
    It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Jcannedy88 View Post
    Hello everyone!

I am 21 years old. I am a pipeline contractor. I enjoy hunting, fishing, water-sports, dirt bikes and exercising. I am 6'0 170. I played lacrosse in high school and hockey at a younger age.

My brother was an 0311 with 3/5 from 05-09, he served two combat tours to Iraq. He has since been honorably discharged and is a Captain in the fire academy in pursuit of his new found passion.

I am interested in joining the Marine Corps and has been in contact with Marine recruiters yet I am reluctant to begin the DEP process due to the fact that I have not found a job nearby and there are jobs opening up at various refineries around the United States.

I would also like to take the time to thank former and current military personnel. Your service is greatly appreciated and you have earned my respect without even saying a word.

If there is a forum operator reading this post, I would like to ask that you please change my title to Poolee/Wannabee so that I may post in the Poolee section.

Thank you all and have a wonderful evening.
    Just got back Recruiters' Assistance and all combat MOS's are closed until the end of this year or later.

Thank you for your input. I was under the assumption that a "Wannabee" would be those considering who have not yet began the DEP process.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcannedy88 View Post
    Thank you for your input. I was under the assumption that a "Wannabee" would be those considering who have not yet began the DEP process.
    Correct, but a poolee is one who has an actual shipdate. Until you become a poolee, you can't post in the poolee forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBlooded View Post
    Just got back Recruiters' Assistance and all combat MOS's are closed until the end of this year or later.
    So whats the good news? ha. I will not join the marine corps and make gunny coffee every morning. 0311 is all that I have in mind. I guess that means I have more time to work on that 18 minute mile and gain knowledge.

When using the words Marine Corps, they will be capitalized at all times.
    And it's Gunnery Sergeant to you, not gunny. And if the GySgt wants you to make coffee, you'll make coffee.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    When using the words Marine Corps, they will be capitalized at all times.
    And it's Gunnery Sergeant to you, not gunny. And if the GySgt wants you to make coffee, you'll make coffee.
    Damn you got to it first. If the GySgt says your ass is making coffee...It's probably best to come back in 60 Drill Instructor seconds with some coffee.

You are both entirely correct. I apologize. My intent was to express how much I do not want to have a job other than infantry. I also apologize for the non capitalization of Marine Corps as well.

Just remember, EVERY job in the Marine Corps is important, whether you're a grunt or you're admin...they are all important.

Credits
    Savings
    Even the f*ck up 3 1/2 year Pvt(non promotable) in charge of bringing the GySgt his coffee?

I could not agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by SmithAdrian View Post
    Even the f*ck up 3 1/2 year Pvt(non promotable) in charge of bringing the GySgt his coffee?
    Are you asking a question there SmithAdrian? I take it that is not a question and more of a way to taunt me. I think you should keep unnecessary comments out of this thread unless it is simply a question, then I apologize.

Thread Information