Spouses wanting to join
Create Post

Spouses wanting to join

Marines,

My name is Stephen Stolarick. I have recently returned home from a deployment to Iraq with the Army national guard. I am trying to decide weather or not I should join the Marine Corps. My biggest thing is that I am engaged and we both want to join the Marine Corps. Of course we would get married before we go through boot camp. I am trying to figure out how I can work everything out to were we are both happy as far as being at the same post and where I can have my ground combat MOS. Any help would be much Appreciated. Thanks

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Fill out Your Profile and we'd be Glad to give you our opinions and expertise on your questions.

Sorry About that, I filled it out earlier but it did not save the changes. All better now though

It can work, just be ready to be apart for a while. My wife is also a Marine, and when we were on AD the Corps kept us together except during boot, MCT, MOS school, and deployments. One of my good friend's wife joined the Corps after he was in a few years, and they stationed her with him.

Awesome. Does the Marine Corps allow animals in the off post housing? I have 3 dogs and 4 cats. I know it is a lot of animals but they are all hers with the exception of my german shepard. I was told or read somewhere that the corps only does 6-7 month deployments. Is this true?

In my base housing, we are only allowed 2 pets. That counts from small fish as one pet to dogs and etc.

Yes, the Corps does roughly 7 month deployments but the pre-training work ups can be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months long. Be prepared for that too.

Well to tell you the truth that is much better than my first deployment. We had a six month train up and the deployed for a year. during the train up we might have spent a week at home every month. It sucked, to say the least. I know the corps fills its own needs before they fulfill the needs of its marines, but if my wife and I were to both go for MP MOS's would there be any chance of deploying together because we would live on the same base. I know very little about how the marine corps does things. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman87 View Post
    Well to tell you the truth that is much better than my first deployment. We had a six month train up and the deployed for a year. during the train up we might have spent a week at home every month. It sucked, to say the least. I know the corps fills its own needs before they fulfill the needs of its marines, but if my wife and I were to both go for MP MOS's would there be any chance of deploying together because we would live on the same base. I know very little about how the marine corps does things. Thanks
    First thing it's Marine Corps, good luck on your journey to join the Best, Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Remember this about the Marine Corps: it helps to have the same MOS as far as having a reasonable chance of being stationed together, but the Corps will assign you where it needs you. You could end up at Camp Pendleton, CA and your spouse at Camp Lejuene, NC. If if you're at the same base, you could be on competing deployments, you're leaving on one while she's coming back from another, etc.

Be prepared for this: You may not end up in boot camp at the same time either and you damned sure won't get time together if you are.

The Corps will try to accommodate you, but there are no guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Remember this about the Marine Corps: it helps to have the same MOS as far as having a reasonable chance of being stationed together, but the Corps will assign you where it needs you. You could end up at Camp Pendleton, CA and your spouse at Camp Lejuene, NC. If if you're at the same base, you could be on competing deployments, you're leaving on one while she's coming back from another, etc.

Be prepared for this: You may not end up in boot camp at the same time either and you damned sure won't get time together if you are.

not true, if You are Married the Corps will station you both together or 50 miles from each other. so she could go to Lejeune while your at Cherry Point or Miramar and Pendleton! My ex wife was an Army Reservist while we were married and i had orders for Pendleton and she was looking for a reserve base to report to. found out there was an Army reserve unit on Pendleton. too bad things didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post

No Sex in boot camp.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    No Sex in boot camp.
    Well, hell, that sucked for all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    Well, hell, that sucked for all of us!
    It sure did.

Thread Information