Should I try again?
Create Post

Should I try again?

Hey Marines!
    A little while back, I had made an attempt to get back into the Reserve side. I have an RE-3P and had to get a BUMED waiver to even get a physical at MEPS. The BUMED was denied and the re-enlistment effort died there.

I just made contact with the Prior Service Recruiter who I worked with, and he is willing to give it another try. Is it worth it? Will persistance pay off? Any comments or helpful tips welcome. Thank you and Semper Fi

I don't remember your personal or medical history but you can reapply to BuMed for a waiver. If the condition that got you a 3P is cleared then you can try MMER and hope for a reenlistment code upgrade. Failing that you toss it up the chain to BCNR.

https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal..._schema=PORTAL

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Never give up!!!
    I remember your Posts.

Good Advice from Ray There!!!

Good Luck,

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    Never give up!!!
    I remember your Posts.

Good Luck,

Semper Fi,
    Rocky
    More good advice. You're looking at a bare minimum 90 day wait if you petition for an RE code upgrade. Follow the instructions to the letter, provide supporting documentation and send your DD-149 to MMER, not the BCNR.

If MMER and the CMC decide you don't rate an upgrade then you send a DD-149 to the BCNR.

I haven't dealt with them in a long time but I do believe that you can continue submitting packets to BuMed even after a denial.

Never give up!!!
    I remember your Posts.

Good Luck,

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

What he said!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    What he said!
    OH, Now I'm just a HE!!!
    What happened to " Oh, Rocky Baby "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tncd84NYJ1Y

OH, Now I'm just a HE!!!
    What happened to " Oh, Rocky Baby "
    I stand corrected. What my Rocky Baby stated was pure poetic

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    I stand corrected. What my Rocky Baby stated was pure poetic
    Now I'm all warm and fuzzy inside again .

PS. Sorry to Jack the Thread Brother. I'll stand down now.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Now I'm all warm and fuzzy inside again .

PS. Sorry to Jack the Thread Brother. I'll stand down now.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky
    That's our Sister Rocky.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    More good advice. You're looking at a bare minimum 90 day wait if you petition for an RE code upgrade. Follow the instructions to the letter, provide supporting documentation and send your DD-149 to MMER, not the BCNR.

If MMER and the CMC decide you don't rate an upgrade then you send a DD-149 to the BCNR.

I haven't dealt with them in a long time but I do believe that you can continue submitting packets to BuMed even after a denial.
    I read the link information. It states that I can request an upgrade if I feel the RE Code was wrongly assigned. If the RE-3P was for a physical disability (which was the cause for my Honorable Discharge) isnt the RE-3P the correct assignment of code? Yes my medical issue is resolved, but the information states:
    "It is important to keep in mind that once an RE-Code is correctly assigned, it is not routinely changed or upgraded as a result of events that occur after separation or based merely on the passage of time. RE-Codes are assigned based on an evaluation of the individual's service while on active duty"

Quote Originally Posted by fjmas1976 View Post
    I read the link information. It states that I can request an upgrade if I feel the RE Code was wrongly assigned. If the RE-3P was for a physical disability (which was the cause for my Honorable Discharge) isnt the RE-3P the correct assignment of code? Yes my medical issue is resolved, but the information states:
    "It is important to keep in mind that once an RE-Code is correctly assigned, it is not routinely changed or upgraded as a result of events that occur after separation or based merely on the passage of time. RE-Codes are assigned based on an evaluation of the individual's service while on active duty"
    That's the grey area; you lose nothing but time by trying that route. If you're able to lock onto that re code upgrade then you save yourself the trouble of needing the waiver and would only need to go back to BuMed for a waiver to get you into MEPS.

Like I said; you can also toss another packet BuMed's way.

I wish you luck my brother. Unfortunately once BUMED makes a decision,they usually dont change their minds.

Thread Information